ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southend Meet January 22nd 2011

Meal?

• Yes

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • No thanks, just a meet.

Votes: 38 55.9%

• Total voters

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Hopefully none of the wrong attention.....!

its southend seafront on a saturday night,

it WILLL get attention from the law,

though providing we are doing nothing wrong (which i think its safe to say we wont),
they will turn a blind eye to everything, may even come and say a polite hello!

Megane 225 F1
IT shouldn't be too hard. Motorway and then more motorway. Then a few a roads to a mcdonalds and thats it.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Good to see such a large turnout, was pretty chilly on the front although not raining, luckily!

A good variety of cars too :). also great to see people travelling from long distances too :) well done chaps and chapess'

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Good to meet you guys, quite funny that I was leading a few cars and I had no idea where I was going :)
DONT FOLLOW ME IN THE FUTURE!

Clio v6
Just got home!!! What a journey that was. :)

Great to see such a big turn out, especially as it was quite a chilly night, but a little warmer than 10 years ago. :approve:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Good turnout. Some real lovely cars there. Who were too meganes, subarus, and tt I followed home, they seemed with the clio crowd. Very entertaining drive although I think my numberplate has been melted off lol

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Good to see everyone tonight, well done for braving the cold.

:hail: to Will. and Dan' for the journey they made to be there.

See you all same place/time in 10 years!

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Good to see everyone tonight, well done for braving the cold.

:hail: to Will. and Dan' for the journey they made to be there.

See you all same place/time in 10 years!

Next time make it earlier in the day when there is sun :)

What were you driving? I don't think we got a chance to meet.

mk2 ph1 1.6 16v MTV
I was in a LY 200, You were after a sticker weren't you?[/QUOTE]

I was after a sticker but I didn't meet you?!

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Thanks!

Bit annoyed at myself for not making more of an effort to put some names and cars/faces together!

Went off for a drink, came back to say hello to Brian and his car was gone.

Guess there's always FCS and TRAX this year, I will make more of an effort!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks!

Bit annoyed at myself for not making more of an effort to put some names and cars/faces together!

Went off for a drink, came back to say hello to Brian and his car was gone.

Guess there's always FCS and TRAX this year, I will make more of an effort!

I only said hi to one person tonight, I see you getting in your car, I was going to say hello but my mate was still going on in my earhole lol

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Ha, note to self more of an effort in future!

Did anyone go to the effort of trying to count how many of us there was in the end?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fear not ....!

Looking at getting a regular Essex meet organised soon.... keep an eye out guys !! Brian will HAVE to attend or his car will forget what it's purpose is.

Obviously Will. and Dan' will be attending, as they are honorary Essex geezers for their efforts today. Mentalists.

We have to wait for VictoriaX to get back from gay Pareéy and will try to work something out then.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
What doesn't help is that I didnt come in the clio and people were probably confused as to why there was a grandad-mobile parked amongst all the clios lol

a turbo'd yellow car
Good turnout. Some real lovely cars there. Who were too meganes, subarus, and tt I followed home, they seemed with the clio crowd. Very entertaining drive although I think my numberplate has been melted off lol

:eek: That would of been me in the LY r26. That was funny when the Subaru popped a flame while you were up his arse, then hit the brakes in fright.;)

So what’s the old Seat pushing out? Kept up till I hit booooost yooo! :rasp:

Megane 225 F1
Just got home. 'twas good to meet new faces and see some old ones. Some lovely cars about. Won't be heading to southend soon though ;)

6 hours worth of driving, 400 miles, 44mpg and a tank of fuel. Awesome night tbh.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
:eek: That would of been me in the LY r26. That was funny when the Subaru popped a flame while you were up his arse, then hit the brakes in fright.;)

So what’s the old Seat pushing out? Kept up till I hit booooost yooo! :rasp:

lovely car mate, is yours standard? as it seems quicker than others i've had a play with. Lol I couldn't beleive the size of that flame!! I have no idea what the seat is running tbh, not only could I not keep up in a straight line but but I had my budget skinny tyres on, understeer yo! I just couldn't put the power down coming off those roundabouts.

It was nice to convoy back with you lot cheers.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Just got home. 'twas good to meet new faces and see some old ones. Some lovely cars about. Won't be heading to southend soon though ;)

6 hours worth of driving, 400 miles, 44mpg and a tank of fuel. Awesome night tbh.

Good to see you two on the way home last night on the M25.. figured you'd been to Southend. I couldn't get there until quite late so missed alot of the goings on. Great effort for coming all that way!! I thought I was traveling a fair distance... but only 25% of what you guys did!! I got bored hanging around on the M25, then had that diversion to miss J9 - J10 and got stuck behind a complete 'tard ion that diversion, so just wanted to get my foot down and get some sleep.. lol

Good to meet up with James, Brian and Rob. See you all again soon!!