ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers 'guide'/info

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Im after some spacers for my 172 as my christmas list is currently empty. The car is on turinis with 195/45/16 tyres. I love the 5mm on @182_steve car but just doesnt look different enough imo.

Also confused over which ones are safe etc, but I believe hubcentric is good, but minimum of 15mm which seems a bit much?

Can people please post pictures with the details of the spacers pretty please.

Standard, but want a bit more girth. Excuse the dirt.

IMG_6083.JPG
IMG_6084.JPG

IMG_6086.JPG

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks similar to mine at the front. I've tried various spacers and it looks a bit better but prefer without. May be an idea if people are putting pics up to let others now suspension, tyres and offset of wheels.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Is your turinis cup offset or trophy offset? (Cup is et 38, trophy is et43) The lower the number, the further/wider they stick out.

Id be definitely going hubcentric ones. 16mm/20mm fronts and 5mm/10mm rears is what i would go, depending on wheel offset. This now depends whether you want bolt to hub type spacers (where you get 8 holes in the spacers with bolts supplied, which bolt to the hub, then you use your existing wheel bolts to bolt into the spacer) or the longer bolt type (which have 4 holes in the spacer and you buy longer wheel bolts that go through the spacer and then into the hub.

What are you lowered on and will it be changing as this may change the appearance of the car once the spacers are added.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is your turinis cup offset or trophy offset? (Cup is et 38, trophy is et43) The lower the number, the further/wider they stick out.

Id be definitely going hubcentric ones. 16mm/20mm fronts and 5mm/10mm rears is what i would go, depending on wheel offset. This now depends whether you want bolt to hub type spacers (where you get 8 holes in the spacers with bolts supplied, which bolt to the hub, then you use your existing wheel bolts to bolt into the spacer) or the longer bolt type (which have 4 holes in the spacer and you buy longer wheel bolts that go through the spacer and then into the hub.

What are you lowered on and will it be changing as this may change the appearance of the car once the spacers are added.

Thanks mate. Any easy way of telling what et they are? Should say on the inside of the rim shouldnt it?

Its lowered on Eibach spotlines with 172 cup shocks, no plans to change.

Like @NorthloopCup has said before putting certain size spacer size on will affect the handling and not in a better way.

Its only seen track once in 3 years, and probably will do once a year in future. I dont thrash it so slight difference I can put up with. What size starts realy affecting it?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not entirely sure tbh. What are the standard et 182 wheels, 45 ish? I would say anything that spaces the wheels out further than that would affect it. Depending how much over that will affect the handling more so.

Good idea for a thread this, keeps all the information in one section! I'm really happy with my Clio running 5mm spacers all round with Cup offset Turini's, 195/45/R16 tyres and lowered on Cooksport springs. However, I must agree, the fronts sit perfectly on yours @Christ Almighty at 20mm but they would be waaaay to wide with my Cup offset wheels haha. Maybe in the future I might think about some 10mm's for the front of mine but at the mo, 5mm looks cool.......... oem+ yooo! :laughing:

Yeah I get that, when I had the 15mm/16mm hubcentric ones on mine with the standard 182 wheels, the rears looked really smart! I can see how 5mm could do with a small change for the back but it still looks smart!

RB Clio 182
Yeah I get that, when I had the 15mm/16mm hubcentric ones on mine with the standard 182 wheels, the rears looked really smart! I can see how 5mm could do with a small change for the back but it still looks smart!
Have you got any pics of yours with the 15/16mm spacers on the rear with the standard wheels mate?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
For the rear I would definitely go for the pms stub axle 10mm spacer kit. it's cheap amd works well. there is a but.....

Occasionally your rear discs (which will need to be removed) won't come off easily and may pop a bearing. it's best to fit this kit at the same time as replacing the rear discs.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I don't have them anymore sorry mate, I literally sold the 16mm hubcentric ones yesterday to @T9 0LLE for his 172......... when on though, these were using 36mm bolts

This is why I needed the 30mm bolts for the 5mm spacers as the 36's would have been waaay too long!

Do you know what the standard bolts are?

RB Clio 182
I don't have them anymore sorry mate, I literally sold the 16mm hubcentric ones yesterday to @T9 0LLE for his 172......... when on though, these were using 36mm bolts

This is why I needed the 30mm bolts for the 5mm spacers as the 36's would have been waaay too long!
Bugger :( link to spacers and bolts please?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Just bought set of 20mm spacers for rear of my 172, with extended bolts. Hubcentric, £35.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So for people that have fitted 5mm spacers have you stuck with the standard size bolts