ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare key battery

clio 172 sport
if my keys battery is dead will this stop me starting the car because of the immobiliser?

BMW M135i
No, immobiliser will still work with the battery flat. Just you won't be able to use the central locking and the alarm will go off when you open the door manually. As soon as you put the key in the ignition and turn the immobisiler off the alarm will stop.

clio 172 sport
ive got an aftermarket alarm so i have 2 fobs i have 1 which is the central locking and alarm and my original which has the key aswell.
so i can open the cars central locking with 1 ov my fobs but when i put the key in the ignition and turn it all the dash lights up but nothing happens.

clio 172 sport
dont think so pal . ive never had to use my spare set before so im thinkin it might be a dead battery that wont disable the immobiliser

clio 172 sport
but my original key doesnt open the car i only use it in the ignition edde

So you need two keys for the car one runs the central locking the other does the imobilier is that right?
no one does the central locking thats just a fob and the other which is a key starts the car but might also disable the immobiliser thats wat i need to know fella.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
the immobiliser is disabled by the transponder system in the key which does not require batterys as it recieves power to activate from the radio signal sent out from the ring around the ignition barrel.
The copper coil bit on the chip in the key pics it up. iirc.