ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spare key not coded to my car immobilliser... is it possible to do?

hey ive just tried to use my spare key for my car, and to my horror, it doesnt operate the central locking, nor does it start the engine... altho it will unlock the passenger door (by turning key)

is there a way by pressin buttons, turning keys,etc to code the key to my car ,myself? or am i going to have to take it to Renault to do? :(

thanks in advance,

Kris

Breaking A 172 Replica
I don't know how to code it so the transponder matches, but I do know how to do it for the central locking.

Hold the interior locking button (whilst all doors are closed) for more than 5 seconds. The car shoulkd lock then unlock. When this happens press the existing key to lock the car and unlock it then do the same with the new key.

Sam

BMW M135i
Assuming its a blank key and it has never been coded then Renault will be able to code it but it'll probably cost you.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
does the red light work on the fob? if the car is under warrenty then providing it one of the keys that came with the car it should be covered

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Maybe its not that its not coded, maybe its just faulty or got a flat battery, so it works as a key but the electronics in it aren't doing anything.

I had a new spare for mine and it needed coding at Renault, they had to take the car into the garage. they did it for nothing cuz they only supplied me with one key.