ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spate of vicious postings - pls read

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

King.S you are not just payng to post you are paying for a whole lot more including discounts, organised meets merchanise etc.

Is it fair to let others pay your way though? As Chavy says, you are paying for the upkeep of the website as well.

Clio v6

Id pay to post. I dont take part in the discounts scheme, but theres much more on here I find very interesting & useful , all only a few quid.

If you are a young lad/lady and funds are tight, but you still need all the material stuff, you could really benefit from the discounts offered.

If your totally skint, really desperate, and want to play a positve roll in the forum, then I would glady pay your membership fee for you.

I paid, well I wanted a sticker and key ring as well lol its not much when you think about it, i havnt been out drinkin since i got a car lol, saved lotsa money mind! and get lotsa petrol money from the drunks..

Have to say being a member on RTOC and here that the RTOC boards seem to be alot better being members only, as it shows more off a commitment to the club and you dont get wasters on the boards (Except HH off course!), also the PM system on RTOC is excellent and any other RTOC members will agree.

Cliosport has become very big and I think you do need to make the decision to go members only or you will continue to get the "Funny" Newcomers, it will definetely work out better in the long run for the club.

Renault Laguna Sports

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 08 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Black Fox on 07 August 2003

Jas, I think u do a top job and got rid of sputnik very quick.
Ehhh Hmmm that was me that banned him mate :D
Sorry, praise 4 u 2 ChavyBoy. :confused:

You always have a problem during the holidays.

If a memeber you can post in all sections, if not have a non members section only.

Could make it easey to delete.

I must be honest and say that a number of BBSs have this problem.

In one or two instances I have E mailed the appropritate person and varoius links have been deleted.

Remember most of what we see is on a volantary basis.

Quote: Originally posted by John V6 on 08 August 2003

If a memeber you can post in all sections, if not have a non members section only.
What fool is going to want to post in a non member forum along with the likes of Sputnik, Captain Clio or any other prat whos got 6 weeks holiday. And more to the point what Cliosport member will want to view or contribute to a non member forum when theyve got theyre own cosy members only forum anyway?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Everyone that has posted has a valid point, whatever is decided is going to upset somebody. We have to do the right thing for the club though.

thought id just bring this up, if people are just out to cause trouble ban them! but jas!

i cant believe u are a cliosport chairman!?!?!?! u might not know this but ur first post saying "sputnik, if you come back I will post your name and telephone number on here". Now im sure that by giving out personal information such as this on a forum, that anyone can use, is illegal! its called a data protection act! i cant believe that u even thought of giving this information out.

so plz if i was you i wouldnt give this information out as he could have a case.

im no lawyer or anything, but im sure that its illegal to give information out such as this! ahhhh them hours of business studies where not wasted :D

Lee

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

I agree with that!

Even if it isnt illegal, I would say it is morally wrong and wouldnt do Cliosports reputation any good

Strictly speaking his information can be found out from normal legal sources and Jas putting in on here is not illegal as such. If he got the information from his registration then it would be illegal. But old Jas gets everyones ip address and from there he can be traced. Its not hard, so legally speaking Jas would have many legs to stand on.

I did an entire module on this at uni. Plus I am pretty open eyed about the internet, I know what information there is available and roughly where to get it from. But I admit I dont know enough to get a lot of it.

Jas, if he has a perminant IP maybe dropping it into a conversation on certain websites and chat rooms would be a fun idea.

As for the non-members problem may I suggest this: There is a limeter on the amount of posts any one person can post in a few mins. To avoide spamming. Now what about turning that up for non members. Say 5 posts per hour and after 2 months of posting its read only. The post limeter I am sure could be automated, but for the 2 months thing you could just have a list of users (non members) and look how long they have been registered. Maybe have forum membership an award that non club members can achieve through some very good acts. But they are not members of the club until they pay there money. They just have members privaliges on the forum. I know I didnt need to join to use the forum, but its helped me out so much I joined out of some form of repaying for the help I have recieved. Also I wanted to be a part of good club. Also on a side note the discounts have paid for the £5 many times over.

Also a much easier paying method. I know its not your fault as such Jas, this is only a small club. But if it was easier to join over the web I am sure we would have more members. Joining by sending in cheques is time consuming and for people like me, who are lazy, its very annoying. But I did it because I want to be a member of the club, and maybe thats a good thing. Only people who want to join will go to the trouble. Also nochex or paypal takes a few days to setup for each user.

Just my ideas.

I would be quite happy to give up my free time to moderate the forums. If you so wished. It would be easier when I am back at uni, more free time.

Paul

yes DTWD, but i meant that if he got the information from the registration details to the forum. and it would be illegal to get his information from that!

i didnt know he could use I.P addresss to get such information, infact how can he get information such as this from I.P addresss? bcuz that means that he will know my personal information too! and i do not want him to start posting it on a forum for everyone to read!

Lee

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Lee, any information I would post would be public domain information, (did you give me your address or telephone number when you signed up?) that anyone with the right knowledge could obtain from the internet. I have never resorted to this before, and I hope I never do, but when the same person keeps signing up with a new user straight after we deleted the old one, and being extremely offensive to our members, and ignoring us telling him to stop, it is the only way to make him stop.

And no offence, but you dont know me, so you cant make judgements about my ability to be the chairman of this club.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I dont think Jas would have posted his details, sorta an empty threat.

As far as I am aware this forum is not subject to the data protection act, and as said before information about the user can be found out through their IP, although you wouldnt get very personal details through IP lookups alone.

yep ok, but it is a little worrying that anyone can get such information from my I.P address :s

anyway im not here to fight or anything bcuz i aint like that, and id like to meet u lot and not have to tread carefully bcuz of my comments comming across as offensive.

just thought id have a challenge :p see if my business studies is up to scratch :D

Lee

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Annonimity is hard to do properly on the internet, if you are really bothered about it try using an anonymous proxy. A lot of people seem to think that the internet is anonymous, but it is far from it.

Often comments can come accross the wrong way because the is no "tone of voice" to the letters on your screen.

Thats why if I say something that might come accross as offensive its normally best to include a :D

clio sport mk1 golf

hello

theres a new person called pissflaptyper i think

thats not on, even my warped mind doesnt appreciate that kinda name

Quote: Originally posted by rcpeco on 09 August 2003

yep ok, but it is a little worrying that anyone can get such information from my I.P address :s

No your IP address wont give the information. But its a starting point. Thats what I meant by what I said. Your IP address points towards your isp and your account with them. From there you just move along until you get all the information you need.

But like I said, I know of it, but not how to do it.

Paul

well at least u have cleared that up for me DTWD, what has come to my attenion is the fact that abouyt 3 months ago on WINMX, a lad told me to stop cancelling his download, then he said my full name, and said that hacking isnt all he can do if i didnt stop cancelling the download!

now why the f**k should i be threatend by a nerd on the net? who dosent even know me!

pardon my french! but that really did piss me off!

Lee

P2P (peer to peer) is notoriouse for hackers. You need a damn good firewall and virus scanner when using anything like that.

Paul

19 16V

Rcpeco if you are that worried about it Ill speak to you when we meet and I tell you how you can mask your IP, give you some servers you can route through..

Geo

i really dont mind payin a £5 for the up keep of the site, discounts....etc. and was gonna pay my membership this week, but.... i got a bit giddy shopping and saturday and spent my entire months wages in a day. but u have my word that i will cough up my £5 at the end of this month!! if not u can abuse me :(

Quote: Originally posted by laura on 11 August 2003

i really dont mind payin a £5 for the up keep of the site, discounts....etc. and was gonna pay my membership this week, but.... i got a bit giddy shopping and saturday and spent my entire months wages in a day. but u have my word that i will cough up my £5 at the end of this month!! if not u can abuse me :(
can you elaborate please ? ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by laura on 11 August 2003

I would be carefull with your choice of words, some guys on here a.k.a. dogmaul will deffinatly take that as an invitation. ;)

erm.....well...... i did mean hurl abuse at me but if u were thinkin of other ways of abuse, let me know what they are and ill have a think!! ;):eek: