ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spax PSX?

Clio 172
I have just received my Spax PSX kit and have a few questions for anybody who has used them or similar kits before.

The kit doesnt come with an external bump-stop on the front, I have been assured by SPAX there is a bump-stop inside and they are ready to use with just a plastic collar around the piston?

Also on my current K-TEC coilovers the top bolt hole on the front is slotted and has a small shoulder on it so the camber bolts have a surface to press against, as with the spax there is not and I have been assured by other clio owners that the other "eibach" style camber bolts with the cam on the bolt thread cannot be used as the hub is only a straight m12 hole? So what camber bolts should I be using?

Regards

Clio 172
Yes thats what I thought. Spax assured me they were fine to use out of the box, but I don't think she understood my explanation on the phone.

Clio 172
I have bought new top mounts also, I had to buy a pair of top spring retainers as the car was on coilovers when I bought it. And on the rear I assume where the spring sits on the axle is a part of the axle? And not a bolt on piece.

Mec 350 slk manual
I have bought new top mounts also, I had to buy a pair of top spring retainers as the car was on coilovers when I bought it. And on the rear I assume where the spring sits on the axle is a part of the axle? And not a bolt on piece.
I will take a picture of the rear spring set up when I am home pm me your mob no.

Clio 172
After searching the forum I see you have PSX also. do you run camber bolts on them or just a normal bolt with camber adjusted by hand and wanged up FT?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I ran the psx kit, I just used the normal bolt and then when it went for alignment done they adjusted it for me. I ran -1.5.

Clio 172
Thanks. Just a bit weiry of the bolt only replying on friction to keep the camber adjustment correct as the car is only used on track.