ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax PSX?

Clio 172
I have just received my Spax PSX kit and have a few questions for anybody who has used them or similar kits before.

The kit doesnt come with an external bump-stop on the front, I have been assured by SPAX there is a bump-stop inside and they are ready to use with just a plastic collar around the piston?

Also on my current K-TEC coilovers the top bolt hole on the front is slotted and has a small shoulder on it so the camber bolts have a surface to press against, as with the spax there is not and I have been assured by other clio owners that the other "eibach" style camber bolts with the cam on the bolt thread cannot be used as the hub is only a straight m12 hole? So what camber bolts should I be using?

Regards

Clio 172
Yes thats what I thought. Spax assured me they were fine to use out of the box, but I don't think she understood my explanation on the phone.

Clio 172
I have bought new top mounts also, I had to buy a pair of top spring retainers as the car was on coilovers when I bought it. And on the rear I assume where the spring sits on the axle is a part of the axle? And not a bolt on piece.

Mec 350 slk manual
I have bought new top mounts also, I had to buy a pair of top spring retainers as the car was on coilovers when I bought it. And on the rear I assume where the spring sits on the axle is a part of the axle? And not a bolt on piece.
I will take a picture of the rear spring set up when I am home pm me your mob no.

Clio 172
After searching the forum I see you have PSX also. do you run camber bolts on them or just a normal bolt with camber adjusted by hand and wanged up FT?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I ran the psx kit, I just used the normal bolt and then when it went for alignment done they adjusted it for me. I ran -1.5.

Clio 172
Thanks. Just a bit weiry of the bolt only replying on friction to keep the camber adjustment correct as the car is only used on track.