ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPAX thread size HELP!!!

clio 172
I bought some rear spax shocks of tim but the nuts that are with them (that nip them at the top) are the wrong thread. there had been two put on to try and stop em jumping. does anyone know the thread size as it seems to be between 8 and 9 mm but not one or the other! could they be 3/8ths unf!!!
can't get them nipped unless i find the correct thread size.
thanks in advance.
Alex:dapprove:

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
not sure BUT...

rear shocks from spax, DO require two nuts.

best thing to do is phone spax, and hope their technical team arent away setting up a stand at a show somewhere... lol

clio 172
there is no way these two nuts are the ones that came from spax though to fit this thread! the fit is worse than something you buy in lidle made in china by a10 year old working for a pound a month!!!!!
tried to call spax earlier and just kept getting put through to different departments one after the other and the end result was.......... no answer!! they couldn't even supply me with the bolts i required as they only come as a package!!!
will go get a tool to measure it 2morrow! just fitted the coilovers on the front. quiet easy i thought! hope its all ok. steady test drive now i think.

they were the two nuts that we took off when we removed the shocks IIRC - worked fine on my car - Im gutted I sold them now coz I cant get mine set up any where near as good as it was with those