ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker install advice

Clio 1.2 8v (2002)
I have just bought a clio second hand and the previous owner had upgraded the front and rear speakers, however through fiddling with my new headunit and isolating each speaker I have found that the rear speakers and front tweeters sound distorted. I'm not sure if they've blown or if there is a fault with the wiring. Just wondering if any could offer any advice? And also, how easy is it to change the tweeters on the dash and the rear speakers because I'm new to this?

I've not got much money to spend so if anyone has any suggestions on which components to get would be great. Cheers!

Might be coz hes changed the speakers in the front and left the standard tweeters in there and not changed them and not disconnected them either, so in turning his new speakers up louder, hes blown the standard tweeters.

in which case, could either just disconnect the standard changers or replace the tweeters in the front, but i would recommend changing the front for a set of brand new components with tweeters & crossovers included.

if you dont know mate, get a pro to do it, otherwise its pretty easy, covers in back pop off really easily, and its 4 torx screws holding the speaker in, all u do, take the speaker out and put ur new one in. easy peasy.