ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers for Garage

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'll start off by saying not for Garage music! I'm after some speakers that are wall mounted for the garage.

It's not heated, not sure if that will matter?

Ideally able to play off Bluetooth or an AUX. I'd like 4 speakers, but if they're expensive I could manage with 2.

Now, I'm capable of typing in wall mounted speakers to google, but it's not very clear to me.

Say if I buy 2 x these:

Bass Face SPLBOX.1 200W 3-Way Mini Box Pod Speakers by Bass Face http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008N53XIA/?tag=cliospnet01-21

How do they work? What else would I need to make them work with an iPhone and play music?

I'm not after a rave, just something that looks smart and can have some background music on.

An amp?!

Budget £200 all in (I know the linked are cheap)

Thanks!

Ryan

@Trackslag172 - Any experience wiring speakers etc? Any advise on what to avoid? :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just buy a small stereo system that accepts iPods/phones.

I e got a Sony one, cost me £150 about 5/6 years ago and it's brilliant.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

That's a bit much for 2 of those!

Just buy a small stereo system that accepts iPods/phones.

I e got a Sony one, cost me £150 about 5/6 years ago and it's brilliant.

I had thought of chucking in a 'Hi-Fi' or similar, but ideally wanted them out of the way up in the corners of the garage.

That's huge! I also have the newer iPhone connection so that wouldn't work for me. Similar could though, as I imagine you could walk mount speakers from something like his and chuck the unit on a shelf.

Will have a butch. Cheers

Older iPhone/Pod connection again, and I really wanted something out of the way not on the floor. Also never heard of B&M's or home bargains?

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Get yourself a Makita site radio with Bluetooth and dab, that what I use plugged into the wall.. Heavy duty, always saleable, bass is strong and you can use it anywhere..

I also have a Milwaukee site radio in the van that blasts and I treat like poopy..

image.jpeg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's a bit much for 2 of those!

I had thought of chucking in a 'Hi-Fi' or similar, but ideally wanted them out of the way up in the corners of the garage.

That's huge! I also have the newer iPhone connection so that wouldn't work for me. Similar could though, as I imagine you could walk mount speakers from something like his and chuck the unit on a shelf.

Will have a butch. Cheers

Older iPhone/Pod connection again, and I really wanted something out of the way not on the floor. Also never heard of B&M's or home bargains?

Must be a northern pauper thing. Those two shops are ace

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I put some 10+ year old Creative 6.1 surround sound speakers up in mine which work nicely. Sub is under the workbench.

BG182
My vote goes to the makita dab, very good quality, can use aux lead and batterys to take where you please or leave plugged in in the shed like mine.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
What's the sound quality like? Decent enough?

Good, can seem like you have too much bass sometimes but that's because it great outdoors on scaffold also..

A household stereo/surround would kit might not sound as great as you think in a none boarded, no carpet, no roof board garage.

Limiting you speakers to the garage is a fail, I can hear my makita booming like a disco on the driveway, but so can everyone else, so I bring it to the car so I can enjoy it and not pee off the neighbours.

Watch some reviews and ask any builder mates if they have one to try out.

A3 Tdi
  Listerine & Poledo
THIS
/thread

Wharfedales are superb.
The basic Cambs. Audio amp does the job.
Bluetooth adapter for easy life.

And you can upgrade the system should you want to, without replacing everything.