ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaking of horses...

RIP Dan
Song was awesome, you youngsters don't know what music is these days etc etc.

No place for horses on the road now, plenty of bridle tracks and fields for them to use. Times have changed, move with the times.

Never owned a horse but ridden a couple and never again, no way you are in full control of them as they have minds. Dangerous to mix motor vehicles and horses.

"But horses have were around before cars"

So were penny farthings and no fcuker uses them anymore.

Bus w**ker
The pony, not a horse, shouldn't be on the road from that video. It's obviously not road safe and the rider is putting herself, the animal and other road users in danger by hacking it out, stick to bridle paths FFS.

You did the right thing by stopping and the 200+ year old law gives them more rights to be on the road than you. But f**k me WHAT WAS THAT WALING MUSIC?! Eurgh.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One of the things I don't miss about where I used to live. With a stables pretty much on the door-step, there were more horses and riders about than there were cars. The vast majority of them were fine - in control of the glue-stick and letting on when you've given them room, etc.

The flipside of that was the random socialite family, doing their bit to retain their peer status. Up comes high-end 4x4. Out gets Penelope/Trixi/Fifi at a silly young age and chucked onto a self-aware/self-thinking equestrian muscle mountain that goes where IT wants to go. Que the wailing brat without a clue as to what to do and a horse that is simply out of control. Such events were dangerous - very dangerous at times.

And relax with the Kate Hate. She might be as mad as a box of frogs, but she is a musical genius. Young uns...... ;)

D.

Megane Mk4
Horses arse...

Seriously though, Horses can be temperamental at the best of times.. As for Kate, Wuthering Heights is a good song.. And not called 'Heathcliff' like some bint tried to tell me it was called a few weeks back.

Megane 225 F1
You did the right thing purely because if you had torn past it brapping n tingz, it could have smashed your car.

went for a nice family country hack today, stopped loads of cars and the fox got away, pah spilt port down my jacket too. Teach me to quaff whilst trying to jump a 5 bar gate...pip pip...into the Cup for a bit of tame driving tomorrow....horses any day, thanks.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not every time. Not for normal mundane commuting.

It tends to be when I've blagged a couple of hours from the wife so just head off across the downs for a blast. On this video it was because I'd met with a load of fellow CSers for the PH meet, before heading cross country to see my old man's new gaff.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Exhaust sounds good.

You did the right thing, I'm one of the anti horse people, local club rides past our house and all the horses s**t on the street, not nice.

Not every time. Not for normal mundane commuting.

It tends to be when I've blagged a couple of hours from the wife so just head off across the downs for a blast. On this video it was because I'd met with a load of fellow CSers for the PH meet, before heading cross country to see my old man's new gaff.
Awesome, what do you use to film?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mark im assuming you can use any camera? Ive got a panasonic hd thingy, not sure what model it is though

Really?

Fantastic if not BS in my opinion, I think the establishment should have left well alone.

Well the fox and gate was BS...there are 3 horses and a pony in our stables (2 horses I look after for someone else). Just lol at the horse haters out there, where does the term horse power come from???? It wouldn't be that 1hp is equivalent to the amount of power\work 1 horse can do in a day would it...nah that would be just too weird.

Swift Sport
It's funny that after Mark posted a video asking for peoples opinions, a large majority of the replies are people using it as an excuse to claim they own or have owned a horse.

Cool story bro'.

Mini Cooper S sport
Didn't look like that horse should have been anywhere near a road, I'd have been worried it would kick the car on the way past!

FYI I have never pwned a horse.

Black Gold Trophy
I personally think they are too unpredictable for the roads. If someone in a car had as little control of their car as that person did of their horse, they'd be banned and fined.

As for cars giving way to horses, when does that ever need to happen? If anything they spend most of their time giving way to cars as they are usually holding cars up as they're too slow?

Stick em in a horse box and take them to a field, Done!

I personally think they are too unpredictable for the roads. If someone in a car had as little control of their car as that person did of their horse, they'd be banned and fined.

As for cars giving way to horses, when does that ever need to happen? If anything they spend most of their time giving way to cars as they are usually holding cars up as they're too slow?

Stick em in a horse box and take them to a field, Done!

So everyone on here who barrel rolls into a field or slips on washing up liquid has been banned? I don't think so, and I know what I'd rather meet coming the other way on a country lane.

Also, given that the horse was going off on one long before Mark came into view, there's a fair possibility that it had been spooked by some dickhead driver. Probably the exact same dickhead type of driver who thinks anything but their Clio should be banned from the road.

182cup & 172 racecar
AKET000Z.jpg

Best I could do.

rearing_horse_stock_by_mrsjaredechelon-d41w6zs.jpg

Black Gold Trophy
So everyone on here who barrel rolls into a field or slips on washing up liquid has been banned? I don't think so, and I know what I'd rather meet coming the other way on a country lane.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.
I was trying to illustrate that ultimately the horse will do what it wants to do, and clearly (in this case anyway) not what the rider wants to.

Rusty Cup
Horse are very unpredictable,get spooked at anything

I totally agree!!

At first glance the horse appeared to be spooked by the recent steep climb in gold prices!! leading to the kind of staunch incommunicativity you would normally expect from something considerably less equine. Its difficult to draw any meaningful conclusion from this angle.

Listerine & Poledo
Either the rider was waff or the horse saw a black 200 coming along and got excited.
your lucky it didn't try and impregnate your diffuser