ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Special spacer for stock steering wheel

BMW M3 E46
Hello everybody. Seen that my spacers seem to be still interesting, I think I'll manufacture very soon new batches of Clio 2,3, Twingo 2 and if I'll have the chance also Megane and Dacia's version. Let's update in the begin of next month.
Thank you!

Clio Trophy
Hello everybody. Seen that my spacers seem to be still interesting, I think I'll manufacture very soon new batches of Clio 2,3, Twingo 2 and if I'll have the chance also Megane and Dacia's version. Let's update in the begin of next month.
Thank you!

Any update on this? Seriously in need of an improved driving position! :)

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
Now this would be ideal to adapt the Clio 200 Steering wheel to a 1*2 ...no rubbing, no scrubbing, no fucked up columns...

BMW M3 E46
Hi everybody.
I've made a new batch for Clio 2/3 and Twingo RS.
They're at 90% of working process. Just need to make the spline and they're ready.
Just to have an idea, how many for Clio 2 and how many for Clio 3 do you need in this forum? So I keep them apart.
Thank you and sorry for delay :smile:

Please add your names:
Clio 2

Clio 3

Twingo

BMW M3 E46
Hello,
spline on the parts are done.
One more machining and assembling, then the spacers will be ready.
I'll also adv them on ebay for the same price. It's easier to me calculate shipping post importing the buyers details from ebay sale.
Paypal address will be the same.
Stay tuned :)

Clio 3 RS phase 2
Hello,
spline on the parts are done.
One more machining and assembling, then the spacers will be ready.
I'll also adv them on ebay for the same price. It's easier to me calculate shipping post importing the buyers details from ebay sale.
Paypal address will be the same.
Stay tuned :smile:
Giacomo,

you wrote me to my email adress concerning owners of Porsche 993/996/997... I know a FEW, I'll ask them and get back to you ;-)
Oli

JimF

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is fantastic! Any chance of other cars? I have the same issue in my 350z...

BMW M3 E46
I need to see the car and take the steering wheel off. OR, send me a pic of steering column and back side of the steering wheel.
So I can see If I can do it.
In case I see I can do it, you can buy a used steering wheel from the scrap yard and send to me, so I use as a sample for making the spline and design a spacer that fits 100%.
At the end of the story I will send you back the steering wheel and the spacer for your 350z.

BMW M3 E46
hello everybody :) Just wanna let you know another batch is available. Sorry for let you waiting so much :(
I'll re-contact all the users had sent me PM about this.
For any questions I'm here.

BMW M3 E46
batches :)

Attachments

• batch 3.JPG
    batch 3.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 234
  Clio 3 RS phase 2
Got mine a few days ago, this is completely awesome...! I still have to install it first to see if it works but the construction of the part is first class. Also had a few chats with the manufacturer of the spacer ;-) and what I got to know there was to my pleasure.
I´ll let you know what´s going on when fitted :)

BMW M3 E46
Miss my Clio, I've sold it on 2013. I owned several old Audis in while, including Audi Quattro, Audi RS2, S4, S6. Also a Porsche 993. All sold.
Well, after all this I'd say that the Clio 197 was a true great car, a little supercar. Funny as all the above listed, beautiful and you can go always fast without draining your wallet with mantainance and mods.
While purchasing anotherone, maybe a 182, I'm playing with the Dacia Logan Pickup, and I've seen the steering wheel spacer fits too.
It's direct fit, you only have to remove the wings, maybe the Dacia has no steering angle sensor due to lack of ESP.

Attachments

• IMG_6517.jpg
    IMG_6517.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 222
  BMW M3 E46
Miss my Clio, I've sold it on 2013. I owned several old Audis in while, including Audi Quattro, Audi RS2, S4, S6. Also a Porsche 993. All sold.
Well, after all this I'd say that the Clio 197 was a true great car, a little supercar. Funny as all the above listed, beautiful and you can go always fast without draining your wallet with mantainance and mods.
While purchasing anotherone, maybe a 182, I'm playing with the Dacia Logan Pickup, and I've seen the steering wheel spacer fits too.
It's direct fit, you only have to remove the wings, maybe the Dacia has no steering angle sensor due to lack of ESP.

Clio 197 steering wheel fitted on Dacia Logan ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6748.jpg
    IMG_6748.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_6749.jpg
    IMG_6749.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_6750.jpg
    IMG_6750.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 265
  BMW M3 E46
could anyone please tell me, even in PM, the chassis number of a 182 and a 172?

I'd like to see how much is a brand new RS engine to fit on the Dacia :)

Thank you :)

Don't suppose anyone has one of these spacers they didn't use or still have for a Clio 200. 6ft 4" and it's not ideal. Thanks in advance

BMW M3 E46
Update: from now on the rubber boot willl no longer supplied. All kits come with a black anodized aliuminium cover like in the picture.
Also, I had the chance to make several test on Clio 2 and Clio 3 and I realized that Clio 2 spacer fits the Clio 3 without any issues.
So, from now on, I'll make only "Clio 2 style" spacers which will be direct fit for all cars. The only thing that will change is the cover: it will have bigger diameter for Clio 2.
I also joined Cliosport membership and posted an adv on classifieds section. I was so stupid not doing it before :(

Attachments

• IMG_7215.JPG
    IMG_7215.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_7214.JPG
    IMG_7214.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_7216.JPG
    IMG_7216.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 232
  Clio 172 2003
Hi Giacomo, how much do these cost nowadays? Also would anyone know whether the MK4 Clio or MK3 Meg wheels are a straight fit on a MK2 spline? Seen people replacing them with MK3, but the newer ones seem to be made with better quality materials and aren't as big as the original wheel.

BMW M3 E46
I sell the kit for 200€.
I don't know about Clio 4 steering wheel. Somebody told me Megane 3 wheel is straight fit on Clio 3.
I don't think Renault bother making different spline.
I'll purchase a used Clio 4 cheap version steering wheel at the scrap yard and check.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Someone fitted a new twingo wheel in a 182 so I'd say it's fair to assume that Renault have stuck with the same fitment all these years!

BMW M3 E46
This is your opinion, but take care about these factors: it's made in billett aluminium and steel. I have to purchase material, put both parts on CNC lathe, CNC mill, make both spline on another CNC machine, anodize the aluminium, bolt the two parts together and supply the central M12 bolt with lower head plus a washer. I'm the only one making this and I'm not Momo or other company that makes loads of collapsable hubs and can reduce cost production. Also, try to make a comparison between the quality of my billett aluminium and the cast aluminium of collapsable aftermarket hubs. I manufacture small batches and keep improving the kit. I think that that price is a true bargain. There is a company making something similar for Porsches and asks 600€ for this kit.
Look at this pic, seems OEM.

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpg
    IMG_7230.jpg
    588.9 KB · Views: 295