ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding at night (Non racing)

Ziel Nurburgring

Other than the standard gatsos and vellos, are there any other night systems the forces use? I dont think ive ever seen a plod on the side of the road or a van (suppose the plod is for safety and the van cant see) at night, and just wondered if there were anything in the pipeline or out there that can catch you?

Im not advocating speeding, just an innocent question regarding speed detection devices.

Shush, youll give them ideas!

You could argue that speeding at night is safer as there are less cars on the road or could it be less cars on the road = less money from fines, hence they dont bother!

It has been known on some motorways to see a talivan. Ive never seen one myself but theres always the first time :(

F

Ziel Nurburgring

So other than vehicles and stationary cameras, there arent really any night detection devices. Well i bet thats going to change

Nissan Jewk

Quote: Originally posted by Floyd on 03 November 2004

It has been known on some motorways to see a talivan.
whats Osamas army doing trying to catch speeding motorists?

Mk2 172 (Silver)

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 03 November 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Floyd on 03 November 2004

It has been known on some motorways to see a talivan.
whats Osamas army doing trying to catch speeding motorists?

LOL :D

Just seen this on the BBC website

Glad I dont live in Cumbria!!!!!

Speed cameras trap night drivers

Mobile speed cameras vans will be in operation at nightSpeeding motorists are to be targeted in night-time operations in Cumbria.
A high resolution digital camera is to be used in an effort to stem after-dark accidents, which experts say are caused by speeding vehicles.
Figures from Cumbria Police show that six people have died on the countys roads so far this year between the hours of 1am and 2am.
A spokesman for Cumbria Safety Cameras stressed the latest move was not being used to generate extra cash from fines.

The spokesman said: "We have found that a lot of people are killed or seriously injured outside of daylight hours.
"We would be irresponsible if we didnt tackle the problem and invest in new technology.
"The new camera we have will operate out of our existing vans as normal.
Reduce costs
"We dont make any money out of this at all and are only allowed to recoup the costs of our investment.
"Our key role is safety and trying to stop people killing themselves on our roads."
Cumbrias mobile speed cameras are operated by civilians as part of measures to reduce costs.
Cumbria Safety Cameras, which operate three mobile cameras, is the operating arm of the Cumbria Road Casualty Reduction Partnership that comprises Cumbria County Council, Cumbria Constabulary, the Highways Agency and Cumbria Magistrates Services.
The organisation monitors almost 50 so-called speeding hot spots across the county.
During 2004 a total of 30 people have died on Cumbrias roads, with 224 suffering serious injuries.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye they are all currently testing a new one that flashes pink and takes two pictures.. one wide shot of the reg etc, one close up of the driver.. or so I read somewhere.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 03 November 2004

Ye they are all currently testing a new one that flashes pink and takes two pictures.. one wide shot of the reg etc, one close up of the driver.. or so I read somewhere.
article in last weeks autoexpress