ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo Problem

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
So after doing my dash conversion, before I put the dash back on, I checked that the speedo was working OK and displaying the right speed (vs. cruise control). All good, happy days.

Put all the dash back on, screwed in and take it for a drive and I get this...

Notice the needle move to the zero position on ignition off and then back up again?

Any thoughts, apart from take the dash off and try and adjust the needle?

Clio 182
So after doing my dash conversion, before I put the dash back on, I checked that the speedo was working OK and displaying the right speed (vs. cruise control). All good, happy days.

Put all the dash back on, screwed in and take it for a drive and I get this...

Notice the needle move to the zero position on ignition off and then back up again?

Any thoughts, apart from take the dash off and try and adjust the needle?
Is ia giving you different speed when you drive? Also remember that while you drive it will show couple mph more on speedo than your actual speed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah its about 4mph over.

Noticeably more than my last set of clocks which were pretty accurate. Don't ever remember the needle moving like in that video on those clocks either.

Clio 182

Noticeably more than my last set of clocks which were pretty accurate. Don't ever remember the needle moving like in that video on those clocks either.
I guess just try and move your needle a slight bit. I'll have a look at mine when I get in it later..

Clio 182

Heres what mine does

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As above, this is because someone has played about with the pointer positions and they're now wrong. See video above for the correct position when the key is switched to on.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Damn it! Looks like that little jig is normal behaviour then - wonder why it didn't do it on the test drive i did with the dash off?

this is because someone has played about with the pointer positions and they're now wrong.

That would be...me. 😞 Dash conversion!

Cheers guys I'll get the dash back off over xmas and fix it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It most likely did do but you didn’t notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk