ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SPLITTER REMOVAL - Phz 1 Clio 16v

bagged myself a laguna splitter which is being colour coded and replacing the original one but how the hell do you get the original one off - i had a look this morning and cant see a way, help!!!!

jon

the bugger is screwed on with about 16 of them holding it on!!!!!!a bit excessive i thought for s cruddy plastic splitter

wongy

jon

the bugger is screwed on with about 16 of them holding it on!!!!!!a bit excessive i thought for s cruddy plastic splitter

wongy

jon

wongy

yeah, ive seen that but i need to know how to get each of the 16 off, they look like they are made to never come off!!!

just take the right screw driver to it!!!

i took mine off and bolted on a seat splitter so it def comes off. dont be scarred just take your time

wongy

BMW 320d Sport

Drive through a ford at high speed. It worked for me, although admittedly my corner splitters stuck out a bit more.

Wongy,

take my time - itll take me bloody ages each screw has 4 clasp like things holding the splitter to the bumper, each one of these clasps need to be pushed upward for the screw to come out. Thats how it looks to me is there a special method or is it just time consuming???

btw - is N95 HWT yours???

Lionel Richie

Jon has already driven through a ford at high speed, i was in front of him!!!! Sorry mate but i havent laughed so hard in ages!!!

ADAM - ahhhh, finally a good idea, ill try that it should work and leae me with holes to bolt the new Laguna one on with.

Fred - you were the only one laughing when my 16v had steam pouring from all 4 wheels and the engine bay!!!

didnt go- think reece did tho. I forgot I was working - Ill have to see whether it went off or not.

Wheels sometime in next 2 weeks. wheels are there its just the tyres they are waiting for!

Yeah, I may be up for selling it, its only the standard 16V splitter in pretty good nick.

After I get it off I will check it for you or I may break it getting the b**ch off knowing my luck.

Ill post with details in the next 2 weeks when the car goes into the bodyshop.

Jon what you having done in the bodyshop? and what wheels are you getting? Your from Bham right? Im from worcester not many clios round here!

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Just fitted a laguna splitter to mine...easy
use a screw driver and a pair of pliers to get the plastic things out.
Think i am gona put my old front one on the back bumper.

well if you check the topic - COLOUR CODED LAGUNA SPLITTER you can see what I have plannd in phase 1 of the 16vs development.

Ive won a set of multispokes from team dynamics - cant complain hey.

At the mo im trying to get a seat ibiza splitter on the back of mine but my zorst is too big for a start and I wrecked one this aftanoon - well its only 17 quid. May have a look at the front on the back.

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Hi Jon
Yeah I had to cut about 1" from the middle of the splitter and then trim the ends.
Mines an rt so my bumper may be slightly smaller in width than yours.
Looks realy good though.

Jon i have team dynamics monzas 17s in gold, dropped 40mm looks the nuts! why are you putting your car into the bodyshop splitters are easy enough to fit by yourself!

Jon16,

I have a few questions for you.

1)Did you get the Seat splitter straight from Seat?

2)I herd that it is only £16, is this true?

3)Did you need to cut it to get it on the 16v.

4)Do you have any pics of ya motor if so do ya mind letting me see them by posting them to Kevin.millard@student.shu.ac.uk

Cheers

Kev

seat splitter is 17 quid from seat but I broke mine the other day so ive now gota get a new one.

The cars going into the bodyshop for a lot of colour coding including the splitters, not just to have one fitted - im not a complete pleb - well actually. When its nearer completion ill post a few picks.

The ibiza splitter looks the mutts on the back!!