ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sport 172 ph1 advice

clio ph1, 330d
Morning everyone, I have recently purchased a sport 172 ph1 mainly for track at the minute. its already been tracked by a friend i bought it off, however i want to do some maintance before my first outing. I would like to do the timing belt+dephaser unit, how ever i cant find a workshop manual does anyone have a manual? i have found the torque setting on here so thats ok now. It would appear the renault locking tools is the favourite to use, do i just phone the nearest dealer and ask for them or does anyone have part numbers? also how much roughly?

I have bought oil + filter, gearbox oil, new alternator as old on was buggered! needs a new aux belt and tensioner now as there is a peice missing from the idler wheel. also buying plugs + leads with inlet gasket. going to get brake fluid done aswell.

Any help would be great, even if its just a link to workshop manuals. Its also got a few other niggles, rear right abs sensor faulty. other than that it seams all good. seen a few genuine parts on ebay which i was suprised how cheap they are.

phase 1 flamer 172
Hi, I have a new/unused set of the Renault tools required ( I can be specific if interested) Cost approx. £135 very recently delivered, Could sell them at a small saving to you. I did my own cambelt/dephaser with help from this site, ( not using these tools) cheers.

phase 1 flamer 172
DSCF0937_zpsscjsvjil.gif

clio ph1, 330d
Thanks for the reply, does anyone have a link to a workshop manual or instructions on how to do the timing belt properly? i can do the job if i have a guide to work to?

phase 1 flamer 172
I think I bought a cd ? on ebay, if I still have it I could put it in with the tools if you have them.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think there is a manual for them, I have never found one. But I could stand corrected on that.
The best thing to do is to pay memebership and then you have access to the Guide section of the forum. It is a worthy £12 spent tbh.