ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sport arch liner solution?????? there must be a alternative or solution

clio 5door sport rep
struggling to find front sport arch liners anywhere at a reasonable price.... cant bring myself to pay the ridiculous price renault want for effectively what is a bit of plastic.....

there must be some solution to this problem????

a diy workaround or something???

has anyone else found out a way around it??????

cant belive the only thing stopping my sport replica being made a reality is some crummy pieces of plastic... grrrr

Titanium 182
How much are they from Renault ? My drivers front one got ripped off and shredded on a country lane :(

clio 5door sport rep
dear enough for them not to be a option lol.... something stupid like 50 quid per part. and i understand each wheel arch is comprised of 2 arch liners.... so thats 100 quid per wheel arch.... i need both passenger and drivers side.... understandably im not paying 200 quid for 4 bits of plastic. its scandalous...... and they just are non exsistent on ebay....

How much are they from Renault ? My drivers front one got ripped off and shredded on a country lane :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I paid £35 for 1 arch liner inclusive of the plastic clips you need to hold them on. Didn't think it was too expensive.

Titanium 182
Christ ! I'm only missing the front part so if I could get it for £50 I would consider it but it seems stupid high for a bit of plastic. :(

Titanium 182
I paid £35 for 1 arch liner inclusive of the plastic clips you need to hold them on. Didn't think it was too expensive.

Was that the front part of the liner that goes under the front bumper ? if so I'm ordering one today :rasp:

clio 5door sport rep
am i right in saying that per wheel arch, the arch liner is in two parts? if so the 35 quid you paid was that for both parts... or just one????

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Unfortuanately not. I'm head office based so ordering parts isn't the norm and i'm too busy to deal with the logistics of getting it to you. Get one from your local dealer they aren't a fortune.

You can't usually get them from breakers yards either as when you crash the front they snap. You could try clioSpares?

clio 5door sport rep
yeah ive spoken to cliospares.... still waiting on them getting back to me...

can you clear up what i was saying about each wheel arch.... is each individual arch liner in two parts.... and is the price quoted for each part that makes up the whole liner or is that price for both pieces... hope that makes sense....

Unfortuanately not. I'm head office based so ordering parts isn't the norm and i'm too busy to deal with the logistics of getting it to you. Get one from your local dealer they aren't a fortune.

You can't usually get them from breakers yards either as when you crash the front they snap. You could try clioSpares?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Leave them out! I'm missing (read cut off) the front bits because they don't fit my new front bumper, joeyd removed his completely to get the lows and sport arches on... From what I understand his car just got a little mucky. Mines been fine so far and I'm sure there's other people running without them :)

clio 5door sport rep
Leave them out! I'm missing (read cut off) the front bits because they don't fit my new front bumper, joeyd removed his completely to get the lows and sport arches on... From what I understand his car just got a little mucky. Mines been fine so far and I'm sure there's other people running without them :)

heard it f***s your horn if you leave it off... or is that a load of BS..... (can you maybe answer my above boggle about each wheel arch liner...)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Erm ... I don't use my horn often so I have no idea what state it's in... I can't answer your question sorry. I looked on your thread to see if there's any cheap arch liners about lol... I'm in no rush to get any tbh

Clio 182
My front right (drivers side) is completely screwed and pulleys and all sorts are on show.. Not good! Struggling to find replacement:(
I'm guessing standard clio ones wont fit?

Also, I must've hit a speed bump too fast as plastic underneath engine has cracked and a tiny, tiny pipe like thing is hanging off. Anyone know what this is? Could it be to do with headlight spray jet?

Jordan

clio sport 172(ish)
ive had the same problem got one of ebay £10 but had to get new plastic buttons from renault ,thought it was caused by the wheels being 16"182 but there still attached

Sport Rep 1*5
Me and the old man, made the non sport ones fit with a bit of sheet aluminium, not the tidiest or easiest job but works a treat for me.

clio 5door sport rep
^ you should write up a guide and put some pics on.... Would help alot of people on here. Since so many want arch liners.... Now including me.... The front part of the drivers side arch liner has
Came
Off at some point.. Others are fine ...,, any
Info on how to make one out of the standard one would be appreciated

350z, Subaru Legacy
I ran for a year in my first 182 without them, didn't make it any more sh1t than it was already...

Clio Dynamique Noir
Where did you get yours from my N/S liner went about 2 years ago after I had a fight with a hedge :eek: (obv i lost!) And still havent got one, then my car failed its last MOT as the horn didnt work :( water got to the horn infront of the N/S wheel...

330 Ci
I tried to bodge some regular clio ones to fit my 172, then fill the gaps using parts off my knackered old liners - as stated above, it works but doesnt look great. I quickly got frustrated and picked up some decent second hand ones off the for sale section

Clio Dynamique Noir
I tried to bodge some regular clio ones to fit my 172, then fill the gaps using parts off my knackered old liners - as stated above, it works but doesnt look great. I quickly got frustrated and picked up some decent second hand ones off the for sale section

I also tried to bodge one, got hold of a Mk2 Phase 1 liner from a scrappy, thinking it would fit. It didnt. Was driving on the motorway, pulled off at a junction went round a roundabout and heard a disgusting noise, stopped at next opportunity and my tire had chewed a hole threw it!!

when i got my non sport the liners had been taken off because they where running 17s and they rubbed but i have them is it worth putting them back on never thought u could cause damage without them

Sport Rep 1*5
I don't think a guide would be particularly helpful, as it is literally a piece of aluminium used to bridge the gap between the non sport liner and the bumper, it does however seem to of given the plastic greater rigidity which is useful.

If any one is interested in a pic I can try and get one.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
All I can say is that thankully you don't have a V6! You think the liner prices on the standard RS are expensive? V6 ones require remortgaging. :)

D.

That made me realise how expensive v6 parts are, how much money must people who build reps have (both the s**t ones and good ones)

Front bumper, wings, vents, doors, rear bumper, rear quarters, arch liners, fog lights, grills, spacers and wheels... I thought 1*2 reps were expensive!

I'm curious to see how the sheet aluminium worked because before I took my standard arches out the wheels were eating the ends of them!

182, 6r GTi
if your that tight for money surely you could just buy a sheet of plastic (thin so its beandy) cut it to size and use the existing fixing points to hold it in place ?

just a thought