ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sport interior conversion, help please?

J

jakm15

hi, ive got a red 1.2 MK2 PH1, ive found a leather interior with all door cards except the drivers and the airbag has blown on the passengers side

what price am i looking to have it re-stiched?

is £100 a good price for them?

is it a straight swop?

will a MK2 PH2 interior fit?

thanks

recaro'd 172 rep
i personally wouldnt pay 100 seens thow the airbags gone off, you can get better deals than that mate

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sounds exactly the same as mine. I paid £100 for it with the driver's side airbag blown. 4 hours later, a bit of thread, a lot of patience and a few pricks to the thumb and only someone who knows what they're looking for would know it's been re-stitched. Cost.. a couple of pence? Never replaced the airbag as there's no point in my car.

J

jakm15

all interiors are a straight swap seats, door card, carpets etc.

thanks, good to know

i personally wouldnt pay 100 seens thow the airbags gone off, you can get better deals than that mate

ye i think im going to keep looking, something will come up eventually.

Sounds exactly the same as mine. I paid £100 for it with the driver's side airbag blown. 4 hours later, a bit of thread, a lot of patience and a few pricks to the thumb and only someone who knows what they're looking for would know it's been re-stitched. Cost.. a couple of pence? Never replaced the airbag as there's no point in my car.

ye i was just going to leave the airbag and stitch it up but i think it would constanly annoy me lol.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
ye i was just going to leave the airbag and stitch it up but i think it would constanly annoy me lol.

If you done a good enuff job of stitching it up im sure you could live with it!
Its well worth the switch to sport seats, really dose make the interior so much nicer and comfy too :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you like I'll take a photo of it tomorrow sometime. Tbh the hardest part was getting the cover off the seat as it's attached with a load of metal rings to keep the material tight. I just got a thick piece of metal wire and cut and bent it to make some new rings. It's the same as anything really, if you have the patience, you can make it look right. :)

Problem you may have is the door card plastics being a totally different colour from your dash, if it's a PH2 interior.

J

jakm15

If you done a good enuff job of stitching it up im sure you could live with it!
Its well worth the switch to sport seats, really dose make the interior so much nicer and comfy too :)

im really thinking about getting them they are 100 and he says they are mint and the place is only 20 mins away. only thing is one of the door cards is missing but im sure i can source them.

If you like I'll take a photo of it tomorrow sometime. Tbh the hardest part was getting the cover off the seat as it's attached with a load of metal rings to keep the material tight. I just got a thick piece of metal wire and cut and bent it to make some new rings. It's the same as anything really, if you have the patience, you can make it look right. :)

ye thanks that would be great

out of my budget maximum is 150, and super far away.

J

jakm15

Problem you may have is the door card plastics being a totally different colour from your dash, if it's a PH2 interior.

i think im going to pick the ph1 interior up next weekend for 100, ill just have to find the drivers door card another time.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I think the door mouldings on a ph2 are different aren't they? Thought the dash was a different shape? Will get a photo of the seat for you anyway, PM me if I forget!

J

jakm15

I think the door mouldings on a ph2 are different aren't they? Thought the dash was a different shape? Will get a photo of the seat for you anyway, PM me if I forget!

i think im going for the ph1 interior so it makes it simple, ye thanks the pic will be good.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good offer that is!

How much wearing on it just out of curiosity nath??

Restitching is easy enough as long as you take the cover off the seat, as said this can be a little tricky as you have to undo lots of little metal rings, you can re-use them or just buy some new wire and bend that as said.

I did this for someone on here because i'm nice like that....

This is what I picked up:

DSC00798.jpg

This is what I finished with:

Side I sewed:

CIMG1807.jpg

Factory stitched side:

CIMG1808.jpg