ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport/Non-Sport interior parts

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 182 atm and the dash parts and grab handles have suffered from the usual tackiness.

I'll be looking at replacing the dash top, hazard panel, CD player (although I'm thinking of losing the standard one and buying a after market one so no can use USB) Climate control panel and grab handles.

Can all of these parts be had for a non sport? I'm mostly asking about the CC. I know the non sport loses the soft touch but tbh I'd rather that than have sticky panels.

All of the parts you list are the same between the cars, apart from the Climate panel. My non sport has dials which drive cables. The sports have motors that interact with the buttons.

What I found most annoying was the texture between the non sport dash and the sport door cards, although the same colour, does not match.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
The climate panel from a non sport is non textured. I had one in my old dci. The panel from the front of the radio can be swapped over to non-textured too. I have a non-sport update list front on my update list cabasse auditorium. You can't swap tuner list and update list fronts.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. That's good to know.

OK, so basically I can swap all the parts over but the CC. I'm not bothered about textured as it'll probably go sticky at a later date anyway unless I find a mint lot, which will be rare!

So now I need to find all the above from non sport without scratches and then a mint CC. Not bothered about CD player as I'm going to hunt for a decent after market headunit with USB compatibility, so that will actually break up the texture differences from the hazard panel and the CC panel.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Thanks guys. That's good to know.

OK, so basically I can swap all the parts over but the CC. I'm not bothered about textured as it'll probably go sticky at a later date anyway unless I find a mint lot, which will be rare!

So now I need to find all the above from non sport without scratches and then a mint CC. Not bothered about CD player as I'm going to hunt for a decent after market headunit with USB compatibility, so that will actually break up the texture differences from the hazard panel and the CC panel.
No!! You can swap the climate control panel. The buttons for non-sport and sport are the same. Renault made both textured and non-textured ones. I paid £6 for mine but think I've actually binned it now :S Something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...949085?hash=item43cea85c9d:g:t2QAAOSwQItT~1Px but cheaper.

Clio 172 ph2
Sorry for bumping old thread, but it is not worth it to create a new one for a noob question. So, is there any difference between sport and non-sport doors? I mean an actual door not a trim/door card.

TIA

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's only the front and rear bumpers (and arch liners) side skirts, front wings and looked that are different from sport to non sport.

The doors will be the same regardless.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry to bring up an old thread. A non-sport climate panel. I’ve found one but it’s from a LH drive car. The part number is different but everything else looks the same, Will it work?