ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportline / Proline / Ktec Coilovers

I know there's multiple threads on each, but i didn't manage to find any that spoke about more than one! If you were given the choice which would you go for?
I may do track days but don't have any planned at the moment so just for road at the moment. I also like the drop of the Ktec's, seen some good reviews but are they crashy/unsuitable for track if i did go? Obviously the proline's don't really drop at all so i'm not sure i'm keen on the monster truck stance so i guess that rules those out.
So basically Sportline or Ktec, what would you do? Has anyone had both & what were your thought?
Cheers
Matt

Ive driven k-tec coilovers (boosh's) and tbh they didnt feel too crashy.

Ive just gone back to sportlines after 3 years on coilovers and its the best thing ive done tbh.

mondeo titanium tdci
I got sportlines on my 182 and it does everything I could ask for and more and is comfy on long trips I'm not a big fan of coilovers at all but that's just me

Sportlines it is then, think ill probably be fitting them with my mate!
Fred if you're around again, it's me hassling you about the Yozza (sorry, you're gonna end up hating me!) :p also wondered how much you could supply them for (Sportlines)?

just got them today from KamRacing,can anyone confirm 20-75-001-03-22 is the right part number? it says on the invoice from Eibach Sportline Renault Clio B 16v + Diesel, so i'm hoping they're the right ones!

Looking for 182
I also had Sportlines and now have KTR coilovers.

Sportlines were more comfortable, but handling was much the same. KTR coilovers are obviously harder, but I don't find them crashy at all (not exactly sure what that means, but I assume it means you have to fight with the car a bit to keep it on the road). The KTR coilovers handled well, but Sportlines did slightly edge it for me.

HOWEVER, once I got my rear ARB fitted the KTR coilovers were AMAZING. Much better than Sportlines, the turn in is really quick, steering is very precise, and there is NO understeer whatsoever. It's like driving on rails.

I imagine Sportlines + rear ARB would be pretty damn good if you like the way a rear ARB affects the handling.

If you want:

Comfort = Sportlines
Low ride height = KTR
Handling = Sportlines or KTR + rear ARB
Handling and low ride height = KTR + rear ARB

:)

PS. I am not an expert, just saying this based on my experiences.

Megane 225 F1
I have sportlines and have been thinking about coilovers for the last month or two but have decided that the sportlines are perfectly fine. I have a Rear ARB as well and it really does handle well. I do think I have a fucked rear shock though as the rear end skips sometimes :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Ive driven k-tec coilovers (boosh's) and tbh they didnt feel too crashy.

Ive just gone back to sportlines after 3 years on coilovers and its the best thing ive done tbh.
They aren't crashy at all.

What they are is shite.

Sportlines 100% unless you can afford some good quality coil overs.

Looking for 182

What they are is shite.

What do you think is wrong with them out of interest?

Only reason I ask is because I have them, but I have never had coilovers before so whilst I think they are good, obviously my knowledge of what decent coilovers should be like is non existent. Keen to hear your thoughts.

What they are is shite.

I know what your saying mate.

I had the vmaxx coilovers for a while, they werent crashy but i didnt like the handling at all.

To go better than sportlines you've got to spend £1500 on coilovers, stupid imo.

What they are is shite.

Well said

Had the sportlines on mine for a year and they are soooo good on track
I'm only swapping them now because I've ordered Bilstein B14's - but they're £800. Any cheaper coilovers is a step down IMO

Megane RS 250
Well said

I'm only swapping them now because I've ordered Bilstein B14's - but they're £800. Any cheaper coilovers is a step down IMO

I agree...honestly, if you're buying new sportlines+konis, the price is almost the same as new B14..no brainer!
I bought sportlines (for 80£) and Konis (for 230£), used, and I'm happy, but I have to say I tested a 172 with B14s and it was a little better on the road, especially on poor tarmac.

Megane R26
I had prolines fitted to mine then i went for v-maxx's (same as k-tecs) with a whiteline ARB and couldn't wait to take the coilovers off now on sportlines with the ARB and its by far the best set up i've had. Recently got back from the ring and i was very impressed with it :approve:

Good isn't it? I've got the whiteline ARB on mine - standard shocks and sportlines. Did the 'ring last year and was the fastest car out of our group by miles - the grip was insane

Can't wait to get back there this year with the 2118's and B14's :D

Well said

Disagree, the FK Konigsports that I have on mine are far greater than the Ktec/Raceland/Vmaxx etc etc. For the money and adjustability the FK Konig's are well worth the money.

Looking for 182
Guys, it's all well and good saying "Ktec coilovers are s**t", but it would be useful if you explained why, I'm just keen to learn more about what makes a good set of coilovers so I'm interested to know why people think they're crap.

Megane 225 F1
I'm just going to ask something quickly, might be a stupid question but meh.

Are 172 cup shocks different to 172 shocks?

Guys, it's all well and good saying "Ktec coilovers are s**t", but it would be useful if you explained why, I'm just keen to learn more about what makes a good set of coilovers so I'm interested to know why people think they're crap.

All of the cheap coilovers cost less than the factory setup. That should say it all

If you drove a country lane on different set ups back to back then all would become clear.

From my experience coilovers takes the fun out of 1*2's.. Having said that ive never driven KW / AST etc.

All IMO of course.

Looking for 182
All of the cheap coilovers cost less than the factory setup. That should say it all

Not really. There's plenty of other parts which cost less than the OEM parts and yet they are considered better.

Whilst cheaper does USUALLY mean worse, it's not always the case.

Looking for 182
If you drove a country lane on different set ups back to back then all would become clear.

From my experience coilovers takes the fun out of 1*2's.. Having said that ive never driven KW / AST etc.

All IMO of course.

Fair enough. Yeah my KTR coilovers aren't particularly comfortable, however they're certainly fun when the roads are good :)

Fair enough. Yeah my KTR coilovers aren't particularly comfortable, however they're certainly fun when the roads are good :)

If your happy mate then thats all that matters.

Everyone is different, what one person loves driving another person doesnt.

For me the sportlines ARB set up is great on our s**t roads.

Looking for 182
If your happy mate then thats all that matters.

Everyone is different, what one person loves driving another person doesnt.

For me the sportlines ARB set up is great on our s**t roads.

Yeah I had Sportlines for a bit, but without an ARB. Now I have an ARB I'd love to see what that setup is like, I bet it's awesome!