ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sports cat and exhaust, Which one

As the subject really.

K-tec do both, Janspeed do both. Any others? Anyone got any other makes fitted? Is it worth £500?

Any exhaust has to be better than the original!! Even one that fits a bike!

tvm

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Apparently Supersprint now do a de-cat for a mk2 172 & Cup, so thats another option...

Am I right in syaing that a de-cat is a through pipe in place of the original cat, I would need to change for MOTs etc

and a sports cat is just as named, no need to change for MOTs...

:confused::confused:

yup a de-cat (silenced or otherwise) is a pipe in place of the cat and it seems to be argued whether you have to actually have one to pass an MOT, some say as long as the emissions meet the required level without a cat then you are fine, others say the car must be fitted with a cat even if it passes emissions without it. a sports cat is just a less restrictive cat that definately wont need to be removed for MOT

Cheers 172looney...

I have just read the other thread regarding the Janspeed/K-tec sports cat. Having read it Id sussed it out!

Looks like it will be a K-tec system from the manifold then, just want it to be subtle (noise) and stealth back box...

I dont want much do I?