ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spotting an R27

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum, im looking buy a 197 in the pretty near future, but im wondering about specs etc. Im looking to get a late well spec'd 197FF or R27 (not interested in the cup). Iv seen a car in a dealership that is pretty tasty. Im wondering though if its a well spec'd 197 Full Fat, or an R27 and the dealer just hasnt noticed. How exactly can I tell, is it on the log book, I've heard theres a plaque but where abouts is it mounted?

Thanks a load, im sure you've all heard this question a million times... sorry for a repost in that case, a link to the answer will do..

THANKS! :D

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Stickers on the Bumper/ roof are the big give away.

Also the cup spoiler/recaros.

There is a plaque unsure exactly where, either the seat subframe or the door sill.

Barge
My R27:

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

and: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=421120

Nimbus 197
All R27s have the cup suspension pack so it should have anthracite alloys and red brembos. They also came with Recaro seats. Stickers are the main give away though. Numbered plaque is on the centre column, in between gearstick and handbrake iirc.

M135i
also look in the drivers door shut for a silver sticker outlining what model, engine and variant it is.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Nice one, Iv been looking its got, cup pack (anth. wheels, brembo's), Its also got Recaro's, auto wipers, xenon's, Climate and rear tints. But I honestly didnt spot the plaque, I did look between the gearstick and dash but maybe I was being a bit dumb and missed it. Kicking myself for not thinking to look in the door shut!

Also it doesnt have the stickers on but I think you could spec them without??

Reckon I'll go for a quick drive at the weekend and if the price is right R27 or not lol.... ;)

p.s ur car looks sweet needster im not normally a fan of that blue either but it does look nice there :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They can be with or with out stickers. Also it could be a 197 with Cup pack, and Recaros, just to add to the confusion ;)

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Thanks Alan, thats a huuuuuuuge help! again gorgeous car mate... I want one so bad now it hurts!

Right, now I know what im looking at whats the deal with the Recaro seats. Iv heard theres some kind of recall/warranty for excess wear and tear on them? I did notice that theres a odd bit or wear on the side lower leg bolster bit/thing and its only done 9k.

... or has it just had a fat b**tard driver? :)

Barge
The seats are an issue. Recaro supplies one pair per R27 under warranty. Mine were replaced in November due to them not fitting correctly, there wasn't any wear on mine, they just fell short of some material which made them fit poorly into the seats. So check that! A dealer should replace them, but there might be a back order list, I waited 4 months for mine!

There are other issues to look for too, unfortunatly. They'll be corrected under warranty (if it still is within warranty) if not you'll be hard pushed to get them to fix them.

M135i
aye my seats are on the brink. my uncles car has had 2 replacements on the drivers and 1 replacement on the passenger's all within 13k. look out for splitting door rubbers too.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
I would go for the plaque mate, only really way to be 100% sure as you can spec 197 to R27 level, unless its yellow of course!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Right, Iv been down to the dealership (I work just round the corner) the car doesnt have a plaque and so isnt an R27. so its just a well spec'd 197. The drivers side lower bolster is worn a bit, especially for a car with only 9k miles. Im guessing the same warrenty applied to the recaro's fitted to 197's as to R27's. The car is an '08 car on 57reg. is it only for fault fitted seats or does it cover abnormal wear?

.... sorry for all the questions, not meaning to be a pain in the arse :eek:

ST
They SHOULD change it under warranty mate, as it is a recognised problem across the 197 range with those seats tho it depends how willing/understanding your particular reno dealer is.

LY 200
I take it all the problems relating to the R27's will be the same with well specced 197's though wont they!?

Or would the Recaros problem for instance have been put right by 08 plate cars?

Robo, this car your talking about in Kent by any chance? Nice rare colour with Black speedlines?

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
No mate, its Yorkshire, Black with anthra wheels. its pretty tasty. sorry Im being sketchy dont want someone else getting in there first muhaha ;).

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
They SHOULD change it under warranty mate, as it is a recognised problem across the 197 range with those seats tho it depends how willing/understanding your particular reno dealer is.

I'll not let it put me off too much, might just have to kick and scream a little with the local renault guys I suppose. Thanks again :)

LY 200
No mate, its Yorkshire, Black with anthra wheels. its pretty tasty. sorry Im being sketchy dont want someone else getting in there first muhaha ;).

A very similar well specced one has come up near me mate! Im tempted to look at it too tbh!

megane 285 sport
tell them your tempted but want the seat sorting out, as you are going to be spending a s**t load of money buying it and dont want worn seats on a 08 plate car.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
tell them your tempted but want the seat sorting out, as you are going to be spending a s**t load of money buying it and dont want worn seats on a 08 plate car.

Its not actually a renault dealership mate, its a car supermarket place. I might ask em though if they wanna get a hold of renault and ask them about a replacement for me before I go shelling out...

Swift Sport
Car supermarkets will sometimes get warranty stuff done for you before you collect the car, it depends on how helpful the salemen are and how quickly they can get it done for you.

White clique
Right, Iv been down to the dealership (I work just round the corner) the car doesnt have a plaque and so isnt an R27. so its just a well spec'd 197. The drivers side lower bolster is worn a bit, especially for a car with only 9k miles. Im guessing the same warrenty applied to the recaro's fitted to 197's as to R27's. The car is an '08 car on 57reg. is it only for fault fitted seats or does it cover abnormal wear?

.... sorry for all the questions, not meaning to be a pain in the arse :eek:

To be honest with the spec the one you are looking at has, it may as well be an R27 without the plaque and decals. You'll just be paying a premium for the ltd edition.

Needster got her seats done under warranty - however this isnt a given as far as i am aware, it took her a lot of persuasion!

LY 200
To be honest with the spec the one you are looking at has, it may as well be an R27 without the plaque and decals. You'll just be paying a premium for the ltd edition.

What in your eyes would a well specced, cup chassied, recaro'd up late (08 plate) 197 be worth in your eyes then?

I ask as they ar up at dealers at very similar prices to the one that only 500 were made of.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Iv bought it at last! Its on a 57 plate BTW. Cant wait to get it now.. reckon I'll pick it up on the 28th, then the next round of questions can start lol!

Also spoke to the guy in the renault dealership who said he has seen an R27 come in there and have its seats replaced with new ones due to wear on the side bolster. so we'll see...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Iv bought it at last! Its on a 57 plate BTW. Cant wait to get it now.. reckon I'll pick it up on the 28th, then the next round of questions can start lol!

Also spoke to the guy in the renault dealership who said he has seen an R27 come in there and have its seats replaced with new ones due to wear on the side bolster. so we'll see...

Thanks for the PM-

Good luck with the new car!!
S

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
No probs Steve, Thanks for the offer anyway. As I said before id say you'll have no probs shifting yours, its lovely mate.