ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sprayed the grilles

Changes to often
I know alot of people like to spay there grilles satin black, but decided to be a little diffrent and go with gloss black, wasnt really sure how it was going to turn out, was it going to look gash or decent i wasent sure, But im very please with the results now, it looks really well compared to the old faded plastic, i suppose its going to be a marmite thing, you either love it or hate it lol.

Before
20121007_184107_zps76d0f66d.jpg

20121010_172825_zps1a1cdf59.jpg

Not quite this shiney as its still wet here
20121010_180054_zps45557cf9.jpg

Now
20121011_155626_zpsc38b845f.jpg

20121011_154730_zpsae98a762.jpg

20121011_154704_HDR_zps3f3ec169.jpg

Changes to often
Looks good. You should do the lower grill and splitter aswell.

lower grille has been done mate, just doesnt show up as much as its in the shadow lol, decided against doing the splitter tho becuse it woule get scratched to bits lol

Changes to often
if your going to that malton breakfast meet thing on sunday, im going so you could see it then lol, looks better in the flesh than the pictures

Nice one, they really suit the silver colour. I was thinking about doing mine but I don't think it'd look as good against red.

ph2 172
As i have mentioned in another thread about spraying grills i did mine last weekend. upper, lower and fog surrounds.
If you are not sure about doing it i can only say you will not be sorry. It really does freshen the front end up no end.
One point is tho, i didnt sand mine or undercoat it as i wanted to keep the texture of the plastic.
Oh btw i did mine in satin black too, not gloss.
I dont think it will suit black cars tbh as the matt of the grill does give them a bit of contrast.

Is there any problem if you don't sand it?

Also has anybody tried to match it to the anthracite 182 wheels? Pics please! Not sure if I should go satin black or match.