ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying a Trophy

Passat
Probably won't be for about a year or so but I'll probably looking to get a Trophy at some point. I'm an Everton fan and driving a red car is not an option. What would people think to spraying a trophy blue...and keeping everything as standard? I would normally say that spraying a limited edition car is daft...but while they are fantastic cars, they are never going to increase in value.

So any objections? Or would anyone appreciate seeing a one off blue Trophy?

Trophy
LMAO. My first thought if i'd seen it was that it was a 182 made to look like a trophy or a replica of some sort. Very daft idea in my opinion. Each to their own tho. PMSL

You'd never sell it again.

53 Clio's & counting
Sorry I thought I just read you to want to spend £1500 on a respray because a football team doesnt play in Red? - No offence intended mate, as it's you're car so you can do as you wish but I really dont understand lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Probably the most ridiculous reason for spraying a car ever. Are you 5?

Passat
Haha. I know it's a daft idea. I'm not denying that. The re-spay cost isn't too much of an issue so let's forget that as a negative. My mate does it for a living. The reason for not getting a 182 is the same as anyone else getting a Trophy. It's a bit more special.

53 Clio's & counting
Haha. I know it's a daft idea. I'm not denying that. The re-spay cost isn't too much of an issue so let's forget that as a negative. My mate does it for a living. The reason for not getting a 182 is the same as anyone else getting a Trophy. It's a bit more special.

The only 3 things a Trophy really has over a normal 182 are the shockers, seats and name - don't get me wrong id love a T, but if I wanted a colour change id just buy a 182 in the colour i want, rather than spraying a T

And that way you would be saving yourself money too :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Seems a bit pointless. Aside the dampers what is it makes the Trophy so special again? :S

Passat
I expected a negative reaction to be honest. I don't know whether the consensus is 'why waste your money' or 'don't ruin a Trophy'. The former, don't worry about it, it won't cost you a penny. The latter, I can assure you this Trophy will be better looked after than many of them out there at the moment.

Yeah, I like the Gordini. But I think the one and only blue Trophy would be pretty cool.

And Mark, not a sports fan?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I am, spelling age of a 9.5 year old :( FML

Lol, not you Spam-besides I hear your driving age more than makes up for it ;)

No don't be so rude!

Perhaps it's that you're just easily excitable?

Again, please don't take that the wrong way. I'm just curious as my friends kids have Aspergers & they also exhibit a tendency to write things in a bit of a jumble from time to time. :)

Trophy
I ask myself that every day, one of the most stuipdest thing's I've done.. Bought a Z4 - what a gimp move that was ![/QUOTE]

Ah shame mate. I'm at the same cross roads at the moment trying to decide weather to go for a gordini or something else. I've got my brother offering really good money for mine but i'm not sure i can bring myself to sell it and regret it.

Never to late late to buy another? I'm sure the Cooper S has some similar trates?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Lol - you telling the man he has Aspergers now?! Smooth (Made me laugh).

Enquiring not telling Jam, would surely be rude any other way.

That said, I for one say it'd be nothing to be ashamed of if he did :)

Mini Cooper S
I ask myself that every day, one of the most stuipdest thing's I've done.. Bought a Z4 - what a gimp move that was !

Ah shame mate. I'm at the same cross roads at the moment trying to decide weather to go for a gordini or something else. I've got my brother offering really good money for mine but i'm not sure i can bring myself to sell it and regret it.

Never to late late to buy another? I'm sure the Cooper S has some similar trates?[/QUOTE]

I get bored of cars very quickly. I've got 3 at the moment and fancy getting the new Z4 and getting rid of the mini s. Cooper's a good car mind