ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs for a 182 with cup packs..

182 and 5 GTT
Apex on mine aswell. ride doesnt feel that much different to standard imo, untill you go over a bump! Nice drop compaired to standard ride height.

Maz

LY 200
^^ cheers Nick .. when I drove the 182 with Apex they did just feel a lil bit more bouncy tbh but I guess thats to be expected ??

Marie :)

M140i/Orange 182
yea mine can be a little bouncy sometimes, but everything makes up forit when you give it some stick rounds some B roads :D £90 job done...just watch the rear shock!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
4+ weeks?!! dunno who your ringing girl but i ordered my Apex springs yesterday and they'll be with me the middle of next week :D

I had Apex springs on the 172 and they were fine, lowered it enough and gave a good firm ride.

Maz

LY 200
^^ nice one .. seems most places will tell you this until you make them aware that you know there are none in the country .. lol and then they change their story ..

If you get them next week thats a bonus for you I guess, but I have spoken to lots of people about this today and I am sure Brun will back me up on this ..

Good luck with your delivery

Skoda Fabia vRS
its true, **** Automotive are the ONLY UK importer of Apex products, ALL shops that sell Apex get there stuff through them, they currently have NO stock of 172/182 Apex springs, i checked yesterday, so unless the place you have ordered them from holds stock themselves, you wont be getting them middle of next week, seeing as, IIRC, the importer only receives there delivery on a Thursday (i may be wrong), and they only get one delivery a week from the factory in Holland

106 GTi
Loony said:
Wrong set, trust me I've owned and driven enough different kits on 172/182s to know. Ask Rich (aka R-Jay) he drove my 182 with the H&R's on a couple of weeks back.

Too right, Your car on H&R's has a *much* better ride than the standard Cup set up, the damping is far superior none of the chrashy feel of the standard set up. Also felt so much better than the previous loweing spring set up you had on before. Top bit of kit, blows the standard set up into the weeds in all aspects.

Go for some H&R's like Si has Maz they a fanbloodytastic, I want some!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Your correct, my place doesnt have them in stock, but they wont misadvise me.

We shall see :D

Si is buying me some H&Rs for my birthday ;)

106 GTi
lol, can I have some to then for mine aswell Si? Its ok though ... You have till November to sort them! :clown:

Skoda Fabia vRS
Bubbles said:
Your correct, my place doesnt have them in stock, but they wont misadvise me.

We shall see :D

im not taking the piss or anything, the importer only gets one delivery a week, you ordered yesterday so basically yours needs to be on next weeks delivery for you to get them that week, then they need sending out to the company you bought them off, then either you pick them up or sent out again direct to you, now seeing as im pretty sure they only get that one delivery on a Thursday, your not gonna get them mid week

do you work in a shop that sells Apex stuff ?........i do, i know what they are like, id rather be honest with customers than just tell them they will be in next week when from past experience its a game of chance

maybe you will be lucky and they might be, in which case brilliant, well done, but im only trying to warn you so your not disappointed, the shop you bought them off maybe doesnt have much experience with them, or they just tell you next week to get your money, its not the importers fault that the delays happen, its those pot smokers in the factory in Holland, they just leave stuff off the orders that the importer makes all the time

do a search on here, see how many people had to wait to get there Apex springs, its a very common occurence

Turbo Beige
Im based in the NW and i will have my Eibach Pros on on Sat if you want to have a look at them?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Thanks brun, im in no rush for them so dont really mind when they turn up

Maz

LY 200
PYE21 said:
Im based in the NW and i will have my Eibach Pros on on Sat if you want to have a look at them?

Cheers PYE21 thats ace I will drop you a pm and we can sort details from there :approve:

Marie :D

Focus ST
Maz :star: ,

You read my mind, I was going to post the same question about springs.

I think based on everything said, I'm going for the Eiback Pro springs.

If I do this can I get away with using the standard shocks, then at a later date upgrade them?? I've heard the rear shocks probably won't take it??

Sorry for posting on your thread!! :rasp:

Gweebs :cool:

Gweebs said:
If I do this can I get away with using the standard shocks, then at a later date upgrade them?? I've heard the rear shocks probably won't take it??
Rear shocks can fail any time the fitment of springs doesn't seem to matter.
Best upgrde springs and shocks at once but it doens't matter realy.
There no stand alone stocks for the 182 with Cup packs at the moment though so you'd have to get coilovers if you want new dampers and the Eisbeck spring cannot be used with coilovers.

Maz said:
How long are shocks covered for under warranty ?? anyone know ??

Thanks
Supposidly about 2 years.
However if they ever refused to do it then you can claim that its a manurfacturing failure (due to them failing so much) and that whilst its wear and tear they shouldn't fail that quickly so its amnaurfactuing/design issue.

Focus ST
edde said:
Rear shocks can fail any time the fitment of springs doesn't seem to matter.
Best upgrde springs and shocks at once but it doens't matter realy.
There no stand alone stocks for the 182 with Cup packs at the moment though so you'd have to get coilovers if you want new dampers and the Eisbeck spring cannot be used with coilovers.

Yozza does some Knoi shocks, how are these rated with Eisbech springs (I have a FF182, no cup parts).

Last edited:
Gweebs said:
Yozza doesn't some Knoi shocks, how are these rated with Eisbech springs (I have a FF182, no cup parts).
If you don't have any Cup pakcs then any 172 Setup will fit your car. The 182 with Cup packs have the problem that there hubs have 60mm spacing wheras the 172/none cuped 182 have the same 54mm hub bolt spacing.

Maz

LY 200
edde said:
Supposidly about 2 years.
However if they ever refused to do it then you can claim that its a manurfacturing failure (due to them failing so much) and that whilst its wear and tear they shouldn't fail that quickly so its amnaurfactuing/design issue.

Hmmmmmmmm interesting .. lol

Thanks Edde .. hopefuly I won't have the car by then :D

Ad

MK2 FRS
Maz you will struggle to get them to pay for shocks after 20k.

Tbh, its the rears that have issues and they are reasonably cheap.

clio 182 cup
héllo i live in france !
Have one question,there is eibach sportline for clio,but not for 182 cup !!!
Where did you find it ?? i can't not buy sportlines spring for my 182 cup cause they don't made them for 182 !! there is only pro kit..
someone know where find it ? ?
thanks

I had pro's on my 172 first of all marie - handles great but looked the same as standard - I actually showed my girlfriend a photo before and after and she had no idea anything was different!
As I siad it handles great but they were not for me - your car looked wicked with the coilovers on and if you are trying to get the same sort of look I would go for the Apex - I now have H&R coilovers and absolutely love them - Agree with Si about not judging them all - I had FK's before these and thought they were crap - handling was bad and ride was weird!
H&R springs would be worth thinking about - dont know many people with them but from what I remember they looked pretty good and judging by experience are bound to handle brilliantly.
If you can afford them get H&R coilovers - at the end of the day you can have it as low as you like then but with great handling and brilliant ride quality.
I would not worry too much about the rear shocks if you just get springs - I have some spare you can have if yours fail!
I always look at the pictures of your car as it looks a spot on height when you had the coilovers - you should do it again but this time get the H&R coilovers - you wont regret it

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
My Apex Springs arrived today :D:D:D

Being fitted tomorrow - Many thanks to BB for the quick delivery!

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
apex were nice on the cup, took the rolling blamange out of it but and its a big but, i much prefer the way coilovers transformed subways cup, he bought my old apex the got fk coilovers instead and got to say is 1000x better than just a spring upgrade,

Maz

LY 200
Bubbles said:
My Apex Springs arrived today :D:D:D

Being fitted tomorrow - Many thanks to BB for the quick delivery!

Nice one .. how long did you wait in the end ??

You will have to get some pics up when they are on .. bet it will look mint :approve:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
lawrence said:
apex were nice on the cup, took the rolling blamange out of it but and its a big but, i much prefer the way coilovers transformed subways cup, he bought my old apex the got fk coilovers instead and got to say is 1000x better than just a spring upgrade,

Well babe, when the coils come, i'll call you back again ;)

Maz: Just over a week which wasnt too bad, im sure there will be lots of pics this weekend :D

clio 182 cup
Can you tell me why we dont find eibach sportline's spring for 182 cup in france,and i see that many people on this forum have on their 182 ??
thx

Maz

LY 200
^^ iirc they are not 172/182 specific . .I am sure one of the experts will be able to clarify this for you :)

Bubbles said:
Maz: Just over a week which wasnt too bad, im sure there will be lots of pics this weekend :D

^^ not bad at all .. enjoy :)