ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs for a 182 with cup packs..

Maz

LY 200
Please can you advise me of your experience of any of the following lowering springs on a FF 182 with cup packs??

H&R 30mm drop

Apex 40mm drop

Eibach Proline (can anyone confirm the correct mm drop ??)

Eibach Sportline (can anyone confirm the correct mm drop ??)

Handling explanations e.g any body roll, bouncy/harder ride etc would be really useful too as I don't really want to loose whats there now :eek: (if that makes sense) and I want to do track days in it this summer so handling etc is really important

Thanks for your help

Marie :D

Maz

LY 200
FredYozzasport said:
if its for you (the most difficult customer in the world ;)) then i would say sports

Yes they are for me, I am female lol what do you expect, don't worry I won't be bothring you or Yoz anymore :eek:

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Im happy with my Apex 40mm drop, i don't find it too harsh at all, but ive always had lowered cars. Body roll is massively reduced and turn in is sharper. I beleive the ride is harder than the eibachs, but i love the look of the 40mm drop. will post pics if you need them.

Maz

LY 200
recaro182 said:
Im happy with my Apex 40mm drop, i don't find it too harsh at all, but ive always had lowered cars. Body roll is massively reduced and turn in is sharper. I beleive the ride is harder than the eibachs, but i love the look of the 40mm drop. will post pics if you need them.

^^ before and after pics would be good if you have them :D

Is there any jelly/blomonge feel to the apex ?? :eek: I have driven a 182 with these on but it was wet and I didn't really get the oppertunity to give it some to test this out .. lol

Fred.. I know :)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Not got any good pictures before it was done online at the moment, but have some pictures of mine next to my dads 172 for comparison.

IMG%5F0266.jpg

picture00157.jpg

night.jpg

Sorry they are crappy camera phone pics :(

Definately dont notice anything "jelly" about the handling, but driving fast down bumpy roads it does tend to skip around a bit, but i think you will get that with any springs.

Maz

LY 200
Cam said:
Biffons Bridge and Ben_p have Apex iirc Maz.

Yeah cheers Cam, I have driven Biffons but like I said it was wet and I dind't really get the chance to give it some plus everywhere I have phoned to try and get some reckon it could be 4 weeks + for delivery :dapprove: lol

Thank you recaro182 thats great :) have you had the car on track with the springs on ?? when you say skip around a bit do you mean the car is a lil bit unpredictable as to if it is going to do what you want it to ??

Renaultsport 220T
Sportline's lower the front approx 40mm, and rear 30mm.

And if you are after a set PM me as I have a brand new set in the country.
Which is a rare thing at the moment.

:)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Maz said:
Thank you recaro182 thats great :) have you had the car on track with the springs on ?? when you say skip around a bit do you mean the car is a lil bit unpredictable as to if it is going to do what you want it to ??

No prob. Havnt had it on a track yet, will hopefully do this summer, but of course springs are no substitute for coilovers at the end of the day.

By skip around a bit i just mean that if you hit a few bumps etc the car seems to lose a bit of control and if slightly less predicatable, but i only mean on really bumpy roads, otherwise its fine.

HTH

Half stripped mk2 172
I have apex on mine as well marie, but mine is a 172, tbh it could be a bit of a softer ride, but i dont mind it, did take round some fast corners, and it handled nicely.

Vince

Maz

LY 200
182WRC thanks for the info but I will be buying from a shop :D

Cheers for the info Recaro182 totally understand what you are saying about springs are no substitute for coilovers but I am looking for something that I can drive daily on the roads too and coilovers just were not for me :eek: ... what does HTH stand for ??? lol

Thanks for the info Vince :D

Renaultsport 220T
You have PM.

You would be buying them from an authorised supplier of Eibachs. For the same price as Demon Tweeks, etc. If you want them.

:D

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Maz said:
what does HTH stand for ??? lol

HTH = Hope that helps. and i thought you were a forum veteran (or did i just make this one up :S) Next time i will only use ASW as your definately know what that means:eek:

Maz

LY 200
recaro182 said:
HTH = Hope that helps. and i thought you were a forum veteran (or did i just make this one up :S) Next time i will only use ASW as your definately know what that means:eek:

Well it did help thank you very much :approve: no comment on the latter :quiet: ;) lol

Sportlines lowered my 172 30/25mm

I suggest cutting the bump stop for about half an inch or so, to get more travel.
I was happy with them, on the road they were even better than coilovers IMHO.

Tangoed Works
I thought that Eibach Pro Lines were strictly tuned for handling and Sportlines were more for looks (ie sitting lower). Do Pro-Lines lower by 15mm?

Wrong set, trust me I've owned and driven enough different kits on 172/182s to know. Ask Rich (aka R-Jay) he drove my 182 with the H&R's on a couple of weeks back.

Maz

LY 200
Clart said:
in what way?

In the way that they just were not for me, nothing to do with the ride being harsh tbh I guess it just really came down to my lack or understanding about coilovers in general and not knowing what to expect :D

Loony said:
Wrong set

What you mean Si ??

Maz said:
What you mean Si ??

I mean that you cant put coilovers all in the same light. Some are good some are bad. Some produce Handling/ride people prefer some dont. Some have fantastic build quality and others are made on the cheap. In the same way you cant say that a set of eibachs will ride/handle the same way as apex etc you cant say one set of coilovers is the same as the next.

Maz

LY 200
Loony said:
I mean that you cant put coilovers all in the same light. Some are good some are bad. Some produce Handling/ride people prefer some dont. Some have fantastic build quality and others are made on the cheap. In the same way you cant say that a set of eibachs will ride/handle the same way as apex etc you cant say one set of coilovers is the same as the next.

I think I know what you are saying :eek: lol

I know everyone is different, has different opinions and likes different things, like we have discussed before .. if we were all the same life would be pretty boring lol

I guess the point of this thread was to get this info and then make a decision as to what I think is best for me :D

Maz said:
I think I know what you are saying :eek: lol

I know everyone is different, has different opinions and likes different things, like we have discussed before .. if we were all the same life would be pretty boring lol

I guess the point of this thread was to get this info and then make a decision as to what I think is best for me :D

Totally, thing is peoples opinions are just that, theirs. It's all well and good asking for them but if you go by them or choose to favour some peoples over others then you are still buying blind IMO. You're better off seeing what options you can get a drive of then deciding, at least then you'll know if YOU are happy with them. If you're as picky as Fred says its probably the only way you'll know you are happy with them or you'll end up out of pocket again.

Maz

LY 200
Loony said:
Totally, thing is peoples opinions are just that, theirs. It's all well and good asking for them but if you go by them or choose to favour some peoples over others then you are still buying blind IMO. You're better off seeing what options you can get a drive of then deciding, at least then you'll know if YOU are happy with them. If you're as picky as Fred says its probably the only way you'll know you are happy with them or you'll end up out of pocket again.

Story of my life lol the problem is I only know people with Apex fitted and like I said I have driven them, thanks for your advice its really helpful :D

I've got H&R's and they ride better than the OE shocks and springs IMO. But then im more than a 5 minute drive away, lol.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Apex springs on Eibac dampers will be more than enough for you marie. Thats what i'm running.

Maz

LY 200
Cheers for the advice .. just need to find someone in NW who has the different set ups before I put anymore money into it .. lol

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Maz said:
Cheers for the advice .. just need to find someone in NW who has the different set ups before I put anymore money into it .. lol

If you can wait a while im sure you can try out a lot of different set ups at FCS. Although being a women your probly a compulsive shopper and have to have something now lol:eek:

M140i/Orange 182
ive got apex on mine, excellent spring...really happy with them :) and good drop too!