ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Pre-Sale Detail...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Title was a mouthful, just how I like it...

Anyway, little family favour this one and I got to spend a day and a bit with the car, detailing and a nice drive. It's a simply epic car, really just does everything so well, except pass a petrol station.

I'll let the pics do all the talking, the black rough 50/50 is on the roof, paintwork was very rough and wheels were to be refurbed after the detail, who the f**k paints over brake dust!!! So so many times i've come across this!

Finished with Bouncer's Capture the Rapture, a wax that doesn't receive nearly enough credit. Was wiped down with C2V3 after the picture were taken, another stunning product punching above it's paygrade!

On arrival...

9077809427_3a0cc34eab_c.jpg

9077807659_341ecf79bb_c.jpg

9077806377_4c8009f8b3_c.jpg

9080029848_ff12305249_c.jpg

9077803101_51382ae4fa_c.jpg

9077799689_15c75a0cd2_c.jpg

9077798775_48d13c2f3e_c.jpg

9080022734_1e78878fb0_c.jpg

During...

9080021282_cb71102fb0_c.jpg

9077794011_aa44a418fd_c.jpg

9077792165_392be7a880_c.jpg

9080015926_d3f7ee1c19_c.jpg

9080012692_5efdf56244_c.jpg

9077785927_b07bf1b223_c.jpg

9077782803_fd1a5c3828_c.jpg

And some afters...

9080005126_0d9d71209b_c.jpg

9077777851_e0edb7868c_c.jpg

9080001364_35d5b56773_c.jpg

9077773329_054fed7194_c.jpg

9077770357_cfa8aa058f_c.jpg

9079993840_940550de53_c.jpg

9077765731_299a975fa7_c.jpg

9079985056_357017af86_c.jpg

9079982436_34ed6d4ac1_c.jpg

9077754087_21e64cf6a0_c.jpg

Thanks for looking chaps. Pictures are pretty pants!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Runs a 3 stage map, H&R coils and Non res Milltek.

The rear diffuser came like that from the previous owner. I'm guessing he wanted to make it look more modern Audi.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Great work Gally love that colour diffuser is w**k tho

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
These are awesome looking cars and that's a great colour for it, and you've done a top job on that mate! :approve:

What do you clean the exhausts up with, I've used AG engine degreaser/cleaner to get thick of it off but need something proper to bring them up like new?

TT QS
My pet hate is a dirty exhaust! Get a sponge in there. Or even some shiney sinks. There's no need for it to be black. Looks stunning after the detail

Porsche Boxster987S
Fantastic machine . I've had the pleasure of hearing / seeing one these outpace me in the R32. Superb noise

As has been said, god awful diffuser, too low and is that an ABT spoiler?!

But stunning car and colour combo. Great results, Kev!

Cupra
Great turn around. What do you use on the wheels out of interest? I have 6 years of baked on brake dust and none of the off the shelf stuff seems to make a dent on it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Glad the sound came across well. You can't drive it in 1st or 2nd on the 3rd stage of the map. Simply impossible to pull away without doing 8000rpm. Stage 2 is just a bit easier but both need to be in 3rd to let them work best I found.

The burble and overrun popping makes my 4cly thing sound like a wendy house washing machine.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Glad the sound came across well. You can't drive it in 1st or 2nd on the 3rd stage of the map. Simply impossible to pull away without doing 8000rpm. Stage 2 is just a bit easier but both need to be in 3rd to let them work best I found.

The burble and overrun popping makes my 4cly thing sound like a wendy house washing machine.

what map is it? i mean who did it?? most places just ramp the throttle response up by 100% meaning there is no way to give light throttle lol!

as for millteks they are f**king vile, i hate mine, how they get away with charging 800 for a cat back i will never know, they just copy a stock system and put some bigger boxes on to make more noise, most of the time they restrict more than stock too! this rs4 is decatted downpipes too at least? as with stock cats they dont sound like that at all!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
and most of them run smaller bore pipe than stock lol! however people seem to literally become moist over them! i can sell my milltek catback for the money it will cost me for a hand built tig'd cat back! which i will do once i have taken inlet mani off an ported and polished it :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really sure what the fack it has. Most people don't buy exhaust systems for performance they buy they for some noise. So i'm not sure I see your point.

In saying that. I agree milltek quality is poor but they can make systems that work so quietly at low revs and then come to life. No big bore sound etc so they do have their place.

I can say for certain but I believe MCS was the company who fitted the map/dash button thingy!

Malice, where are you based? There's a chap in the NW who you'd have a good chat to. Runs a garage and personal runs a B6 S4, B5 RS4 500+ and a B5 S4 600+. And some "shitters" (S3s with BT conversions).

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I'm not really sure what the fack it has. Most people don't buy exhaust systems for performance they buy they for some noise. So i'm not sure I see your point.

In saying that. I agree milltek quality is poor but they can make systems that work so quietly at low revs and then come to life. No big bore sound etc so they do have their place.

I can say for certain but I believe MCS was the company who fitted the map/dash button thingy!

gally it sounds like that because it has decatted downpipes stock milltek on a cat back dont sound like that at all tbh a stock system with the flap opened sounds the same as a milltek non res and its miles better quality... my point being milltek charge £800 plus for a cat back (c6 rs6 is 1200!!!) for a system that is essentially identical (bends and routing) as a stock system, with a bigger resonator or smaller resonator on it, in effect you could just chop off a stock backbox and put a new one on then it would give the same sound as a milltek (which also in tests millteks tend to lose power lol) and the fact they charge so much for crappy quality steel and crappy quality boxes etc!

everyone in the german world seems to just go for milltek when there are better quality and same sounding or better sounding systems out there for less money that are propper stainless that wont rust and fall to bits lol!

JD im down south based in gloucester, there are a few german tuners round here but most seem to just say yeh you pay 2k and you get this, not many do custom maps etc, but i have a couple that will :)

im getting a s8 v10 next just for the fingerprint start lol oh and the noise!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That sits just lovely,and appart from the rear thingy is a cracking motor and for me a great colour.Youv'e made a good job of that,well done.

gally it sounds like that because it has decatted downpipes stock milltek on a cat back dont sound like that at all tbh a stock system with the flap opened sounds the same as a milltek non res and its miles better quality... my point being milltek charge £800 plus for a cat back (c6 rs6 is 1200!!!) for a system that is essentially identical (bends and routing) as a stock system, with a bigger resonator or smaller resonator on it, in effect you could just chop off a stock backbox and put a new one on then it would give the same sound as a milltek (which also in tests millteks tend to lose power lol) and the fact they charge so much for crappy quality steel and crappy quality boxes etc!

everyone in the german world seems to just go for milltek when there are better quality and same sounding or better sounding systems out there for less money that are propper stainless that wont rust and fall to bits lol!

JD im down south based in gloucester, there are a few german tuners round here but most seem to just say yeh you pay 2k and you get this, not many do custom maps etc, but i have a couple that will :)

im getting a s8 v10 next just for the fingerprint start lol oh and the noise!

Bill @ Badger5 ftw. You'd get on well with Paul and Welly on AS.net.

Disastra Coupe
Who cares if Miltek are s**t or not... The threads about the car. Looks stunning, sounds stunning. Win.