ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeal/screech/squeak when turning right

Black 182 FF
As above, been going on for ages, only got a touch worse recently. It doesn't always do it, but if you're turning right and go over a bump/round a corner/roundabout there's something coming from the right side of the car. It seems be something of a screech, with a squeak at times when you go over a bump. There's nothing obvious when the cars up in the air (been checked several times) so it can't be replicated unless driving.

Any ideas? I'm thinking cv joint, shocker, something catching when the car leans a touch. Would a top mount cause something like this?

Black 182 FF
On Saturday I changed the power steering fluid and took it for a test drive and it was still making the noise. I then took the brake pads apart as they were too tight having fitted them ages ago with the shims and not been able to file them down. I put them back in without the shims for now, so they moved freely. I also had a quick look in the driverside CV boot and repacked it with grease (had to put jubilee clips on for MOT three years ago and repacked them then). There was still grease in it, but quite thin and not loads.

Took it for a test drive last night, went round several short, bumpy right hand turns, couple of roundabouts and couldn't replicate the noise. Girlfriend has used it for work and taking the little one to nursery this morning and said it hasn't made the noise either. Seems it's cured for now at least, not sure what exactly has done it.