ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeky Brakes!

When ever im driving i now get a really loub squeek. it manifests itself (ohh long word) usually on warm days. it dont just squeek on braking, but on shallow cornering? are there any known problems with bearings on a clio. its a 1.2RL (P 97) it gets to the point where the squeek is constant.

S

SoundWave

Mine has started doing this on warm days or when Ive been out on a long drive.

It happens when not pressing the brake when going slowly, up to about 30mph. Extremely annoying!

I think it started after they replaced my discs when it went in for its last service so Ill have to check if something is rubbing

yeah thats it. on warm days. i tend to get it when turn minor corners. if u find anything, anychance u could get back to me!?

mailto:dan_p85@hotmail.com">dan_p85@hotmail.com

DAN

I used to be a mountain bike mechanic ( dont laugh), to fix squeeling disk brakes we put copper grease behind the brake pads (on the piston), simple as that no more squeeling. It works for cars coz thats where we got the idea from. The squeeling is just the vibration of brake pad on the piston when braking, and as copper grease has a high resistance to heat it stops it vibrating and lasts for quite a while.

Hey guys, I had exactly the same prob on my golf mk3. And being a part time bike mechanic (Dont laugh also!!) I tried the old copper slip method, but to no avail. The trouble (for 1 of u anyway) sounds like your discs wree changed but not your pads, this happend to me, and were done just b4 i got it. I was so sick i kept mpopping to my local car wash every couple of hours to pressure wash them to shut them up!! In the end i just stuck on some new ferodo pads and discs and cured it nicely - Plus now i can stop on a sixpence! Hope this helps,

Sidd

S

SoundWave

I think they replaced the pads as well but I will have to check.

I tried to take the front wheel off at the weekend to have a look and try putting some grese on.

I got the four nuts off which was a job in itself as the garage had done them up too tight but I couldnt get the wheel off the hub! It was stuck solid.

Tried everything but couldnt get it off. Have got the garage looking at it now...

Thats the aluminium on the wheels, unfortunately it does that, quite normal. My rover was a pain for it, i ended up kicking the wheels like mad, got three off but one wouldnt budge, the garage sorted it, all he did was booted it too.

I have the same problem with my 1.2 95 clio. and this was after new drive shafts, bearings, disks and pads. it reali pisses me of wen ur in traffic, like on the high street! iv tried copper grease, which helped for a while but the noise is now bak!

copper grease on the back of the pads, also on the sliding surfaces and also on the hub face so the wheel doesnt stick to it.

If you have pads with a groove on them clean the groove out with a screwdriver that will reduce squeal to.