ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRP and EGP ftl...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The cars lovely and shiny dont get me wrong, see:
DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1003.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

But after spending so much time hand polishing each panel I've noticed just how many defects with the bodywork there is :mad: I've listed the mechanical problems with the car before and just about lived with it because whilst its no fun to drive, it does drive and I thought atleast that the bodywork was ok :( I dont think there is a single panel in good condition, I'll show you...

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF1007.jpg

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1009.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

DSCF1016.jpg

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1018.jpg

DSCF1019.jpg

DSCF1020.jpg

DSCF1021.jpg

DSCF1022.jpg

DSCF1023.jpg

DSCF1024.jpg

DSCF1025.jpg

There are scratches/stonechips/scuffs/laquer peel/dents/random wierd rows of dents on nearly every single panel. The nearside rear quarter is about the only 'decent' panel and even thats got a chip under the window. To sort all of the problems out I think I would need a full respray :(

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
stand by for a written slating from the purists on here for the rear spoiler - stay individual :D just to upset them ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So you hate the mechanicals, and you hate the bodywork.....

Remind me again why you bought the car??

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I know, and if it was a few stonechips and the odd scratch then fair enough but every single panel is just annoying. Its not going to get a respray, its likely to get fixed and sold on I'm just sick and tired of finding things wrong with the car. It shouldn't have the laquer peeling away driven hard or not though and its peeling on the bonnet, rear bumper, right front and left front panels etc etc

I bought the car because I needed one to get to work, I paid a reasonable price from a dealer with a mechanical warranty and all of the mechanical problems well masked at the time of buying. From looking at it, the dent on the drivers door was obvious as was peeling laquer on the bonnet about the size of a 50p coin. I didn't see any of the other bodywork defects until now. I've not f*cking drove the car into anything so they were always there just again they were well masked.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I actually think you only bought the car because it was cheap phase 2........ which is fair enough, but its cheap its for a reason. Nobody forced you to buy it mate....... If you took someone with you at the time of buying, they could have stopped your heart ruling your head tbh

Buy yourself some touch up paint, bodywork sandpaper and a rotary/DA/PC

And spend time repairing the bits you can, Get the other bits sprayed.

I can see some bits that can be touched up, sanded down, some imperfections that can be corrected. Some that needs a total respray...

Up to you if you want to attempt to fix it, Its all a learning phase.

Mondeo TDCI 130
f**k me, mines done 3K, brand new, wanna see the imperfections i can find in renaults paint!!

Runs, bubbles, all sorts! lol.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
That'd do my fruit in! I'm not a clean freak by any stretch but I'd have to get that sorted!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^Dude its going over the moors after today and getting dirty. I dont wanna see all the bad, I might even aim for some offroading lol.

I didn't buy it cheap, I bought it for what should have been a pretty fair price if it was a straight car...

Fabia VRS
Like people have already said, you could get most of those out with a touch up paint or even just a machine polish. Ive not owned a black car but can see they are a nightmare. Just stand back and look at it, Its still a nice car. :)

PH1 172 Sport
TBH i'm glad someone's done a thread on how bad there paintwork is as looking in the detailing section makes me feel sick sometimes! Mines not too bad for a 105k Y plate but there's still paint runs etc that have obviously been there since new.

I've got serious orange peel on the panel edges on one rear arch and under one rear light cluster that you can see if you go looking for them. Small dents, stone chips etc etc

If your going to sell it mask what you can and get rid!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I dont want to know where I stand, after spending a few hours doing all that work I only want to think 2 things... 1.) My car looks good when polished and 2.) Nothings rusting away, it was so annoying and I think the scuff on the front bumpers new so its been scraped either by builders on our street or when its been left on the yard at 'work' :(

Mustang, S13, AX GT
My old black was nothing like this, it was a 51 too... infact the only thing wrong with that paintwork was a colour mismatch on the door after a hurricane took the door out of my hands and wrapped it round the front wing.

Black Gold Trophy
It could be worse, it could look like your 200sx! lol!

Nah that would do my head in, I can't stand tatty bodywork

M2 Competition
Unless someone is licking your car they wont notice any of those bud.

It looks great in the pics, and to 99% of people you drive past, so i wouldnt worry!