ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SSD for Eee PC

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Right peeps, not done nothing like this for a while but sat waiting to get on track and bored so here we go

I have a eee pc 1001px, I've just replaced the 1gig of ram with 2gig from crucial and now I want an ssd

Does anyone on here have experience with a netbook with a standard hdd and replaced it thereselves with an ssd, and is it worth the effort?

Also what's the best bang for buck at the moment, all my stuff is on my pc so speed is more Important than storage, better battery life, and maybe a little lighter

Any help appreciated

Thanks Jamie

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Isnt the EEE Pc's storage a chip type of thing rather than a hard disk 2.5" format?

However if it does take a normal 2.5" SSD then the difference between a normal hard disk and an SSD is massive. When you click on large programs to open such as Photoshop it would take around 30secs to load on the hard drive while on the SSD its around 7 seconds.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
The old eee's didn't have hdd bit the newer ones do, I'm not fussed about size, 32gig would do, I just want speed and battery life

The samsung drives get good reviews but I'm think there expensive:/

Has anyone on CS got a netbook running osx leopard ?