ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standalone ecu

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
hi everyone i have a question
i wired a speeduino on my clio ph2 mk2 1.4 16v converted to manual TB

runs fine perfect and all but for the love of god every time i tried to wire it as a standalone a get two crank rotations and then the starter cuts out is there a known reason why the car just doesn't want to keep cranking if the ecu is unplugged ?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Id say thats immobiliser related, uch is not seeing the original engine ecu immobiliser and is in a protected state, starting is not allowed so only does a short crank.

Not sure on the solution, could rewire the exciter wire for the starter to the ignition barrel, like older cars were wired, or leave original engine ecu in place to keep the immobiliser circuit and have the standalone ecu running the engine.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
As Brigsy said it is because the UCH is not getting a response from the ecu. If this is full stand alone what will you do about the instrument cluster? If you happy to lose gauges just wire starter up as per an older car, or use a dedicated start button etc.

Clio Mk2 1.4 16v
cluster is not that big of an issue nowdays you could wire up a 10$ tablet to show everything on it more data than the stock dash

all tho im still toying with the idea to slap a turbo on it since it runs fine as is now