ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard CAT on MK2 PH1 172?

Clio 172 Ph 1
Hi All,

First post on here since joining, Managed to get away with not posting as most of my questions had already been answered in other posts.

Just have a query about the standard CAT that came on the MK2 Ph1 Clio's.

I'm getting a sort of air leak noise from what seems like the exhaust around the CAT area, from idle through the rev range. I just wanted to check whether the CAT that came on the car as standard was a "double barrelled" one so to speak. I assume it was i just wanted to check as i'm looking into replacing it soon ( dependent on MOT pass etc).

Thanks for any responses.

Neil.

172/1.2/E30
Most likely to be blowing at the manifold-cat connection. New fitting kit from Renault available. Awkward job to do.

Clio 172 Ph 1
FUN.... lol

so i'll need new knuckles then from rasping them off the pavement or heatsheilds then...

Cheers for the response(s).

Clio 172 Ph 1
Oh actually meant to ask, is the back box separate to the centre section?

So theres the Manifold > CAT > Centre Scetion > Back Box?

sorry if its abit of a stupid question.

340i
Hi Baily,

You will need the manifold to cat fitting kit from Reanult, around £20~

If you want somebody to have a look, I live in Alfreton.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Your clio took me ages 2 get the decat off the bolts were solid but it's back on and passed the mot :)

Nice one cheers matey! i know its a nightmare on a 172, Didnt realize you worked down at thrupp would have stopped and had a little chat!
Cheers anyway!:D

mondeo titanium tdci
Next time your passing stop off mate you coming to any of the shows this year nice 172 you got there.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Cheers had it for a little while, not sure what to do with it now though, superchargeer / throttle bodies / turbo or just leave it as it is as its getting old and not worth much but it makes me smile everytime i drive it so its my head v my heart sort of thing!
Just saw a pic of yours looks nice with the carbon bonnet etc, didnt see it in the car park while i was their (although i wasn't looking to hard!)
Not too sure about any of the shows aint got anything planned this year but i normally leave stuff till the last minute anyway! What about yourself you going to any?

mondeo titanium tdci
Mine only covers less than 1500 miles a year spends most of the time locked away in the garage. I'm going to fcs probably go up the day before and stay in a hotel,CSS 12 and trax there the main 3 I do.