ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

standard Clio 182

bg 182
i have owned my clio for less than a week and already i am wanting to change things. The main areas that i am lookiing at are the array of small dents it has picked up over the years :mad: they are driving me mad. secondly i want to referb my alloys as they also have slight damage to them. These areas i am hoping to change in the coming weeks. The plan for the car is to keep it clean and almost standard with the addition of some carbon fiber (my automotive fetish!) the lights need some attention as they have got UV damage to them, something that thanks to this site ill be doing this weekend. Apart from the point listed above i am over the moon with my 182. I would love to hear peoples suggestions to what they think would look smart, subtle yet different, as i dont want to just follow what everybody is doing.

ill keep this post updated as i go along :)

clio front.jpgDSCF1765.jpgclio back.jpg

Clio RS 182
It desperately needs a splitter mate, people will point you in the right direction regards to buying the correct one, I think its a skoda one, can't remember

Other than that it looks spot on, I like the standard wheels in silver tbh

bg 182
yh i was going to order a carbon splitter but i want to sort the dents and scratches out first. Draws my attention to them every time i polish it lol yah i like the contrast between black and silver never been on for black car black wheels (each to their own of course)

bg 182
new plates orders, both are cracked so getting myself a 3/4 for the front and normal for the rear, getting my dents removed next week and alloys done the following week. sadly ill be needing a new exhaust soon, not sure if i should replace it with a standard one or get a different one, not wanting a loud exhaust just a nice note would be preferred. going have a go at referbing my headlights 2morro so ill post some pics up with my hopefully successful results

BMW 330D
new plates orders, both are cracked so getting myself a 3/4 for the front and normal for the rear, getting my dents removed next week and alloys done the following week. sadly ill be needing a new exhaust soon, not sure if i should replace it with a standard one or get a different one, not wanting a loud exhaust just a nice note would be preferred. going have a go at referbing my headlights 2morro so ill post some pics up with my hopefully successful results

That K-tec stealth system seems pretty popular and its not loud. The car looks smart pal i have a black car though and its a nightmare for scratches you can see everyone. I won't have another black car ever again lol

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
The silver wheels look great on the black! I have a cup packed 182 and my standard wheels are being painted silver as we type!

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Also I wanted the same crtieria for an exhaust too. I opted for the rs192, Im very happy with the noise! Not intrusive at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
  BG 182 FF
looks very nice and clean, I know what you mean about keeping black gold clean too, a nightmare. Plans sound good to.

bg 182
cheers Dan ill have a look, and i know what you mean mate about the scratches and keeping it clean. right price and mileage though made it hard to resist. Im getting my alloys done soon, same colour just getting them referb, previous owner and kerbs didnt mix well lol.

BG 182 FF
yah was thinking that tbh, ill have to look at other peoples to see what looks good but not too low

Eibach sportlines with standard shocks imo, that is what i have got. Only catches in a few places around here. But best compromise in my opinion.

bg 182
because we buy before realising what a b*tch they are to keep clean lol tbh i havent seen another bg 182 driving around :s

Civic Type R
Give it time, you'll notice them. Agreed with the cleaning side of things. Spent six hours last week on mine.. wash.. clay.. wash .. machine polish.. glaze .. seal.. wax x2, and now it looks filthy!! By old titanium would look clean for weeks... even the trophy looked good for a while.

bg 182
where about are you from mate? with the weather atm we stand no chance, as soon as you wash is and wax it it rains. been thinking about buying a water proof car cover, would protect my car from the crap that comes off the trees that hang over my drive.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
bg = winners choice ;)

would be rude not to get a carbon splitter. agreed on the rs192 system if your contemplating a near standard exhaust.

i had sportlines on my bg182. handling wise there spot on, with a slight drop over standard, 30mm. i was really happy with them..... but then i got the low bug.

bg 182
:) yours looks spot on Dr jekyll, really like it. yah im liking the rs192. getting the body and alloys sorted first and then going to upgrade it, brakes, exhaust, springs and then Carbon :) :) got a standard splitter coming this week to keep me going until funds allow :)

Civic Type R
where about are you from mate? with the weather atm we stand no chance, as soon as you wash is and wax it it rains. been thinking about buying a water proof car cover, would protect my car from the crap that comes off the trees that hang over my drive.

Leek road, by Carmountside cemetery. You? Definitely not a good week for detailing, been trying do the other half's car today, complete nightmare. Wish i had a garage TBH. How long you had the clio? Noticed your pretty new on here.. Skoda splitters the way forward, can get them from the main dealers in Newcastle, paid about £11 for mine.

bg 182
put on the front splitter last night as well as had a go at repairing the uv damaged headlights, a little more work on them and ill be happy :) post some pics when im done. was given a quote for all my alloys to be referb £241 same day and thats with fitting a balancing, which when i was told the process they use is a good price. http://topmarquesuk.co.uk/
anyways heres some new pics with the skoda splitter on, to keep me going until i can afford a carbon one. View attachment 63015View attachment 63016

bg 182
yh id like a cup spoiler and lower it a tad, but i want to get a few dents out as mentioned previously once they are gone the car will be mint :) then time for some serious detailing :)

bg 182
this weekend i am hopefully planning on starting two projects,
project one: covering with carbon fiber rear bumper strip and fog light covers
project two: spraying front grills, mirrors and bullets.

decided to do them all myself as hopefully it will save me some cash and as i have done some spraying and skinning before im confident they will come out good. im planning on taking alot of photos so ill put some guides up so that people can see how easy it can be.

hopefully to be completed with a week for the carbon possible two for the spraying.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
will it be proper carbon or the 3m di-noc stuff?

carefull with the rear bumper strip as the clips can be a little brittle. look forward to seeing the end results :)

bg 182
the real stuff dr with epoxy resin and then laquered. yah im goin to take my time when removing it if not fiberglass them back into place :p

keo

Clio Trophy
Looks good mate are you still enjoying, need get some pics of both clios sometime

bg 182
yes mate loving it, if only i had the money id spend alot :p and ill give you a shout when iv done the spraying and carbon find somewhere drive to and get some good pics.

as for the rear bumper strip, WHAT A b**ch!

looked on here and people had said its easier to remove the bumper -NO! removed all the screws i could see and the ones that people had said and it was still not budging.
So i taped either side of the strip with my trusty m3 tape and wrapped a flat head screw driver, the at the point of the clips i prised the strip off. Makes a loud cracking noise but it came off with only a minor amount of damage to the strip where the screw driver slipped.
Stage one. Complete now time for a brew before i wash the strip down and get prepared for the base coat

View attachment 63873View attachment 63874

Last edited:
  bg 182
well i finally got around to actually doing something, i have finished the carbon strip for the rear bumper, ill upload the pics at a later date. I then moved onto spraying the parts as mentioned previously. I took some photos of the grill before i removed it so i could compare after and see if it looked any better. After removing the front bumper, using this guide http://www.cliosport.net/content/guides/fubar/bumper_guide.pdf. (very good) i then removed the top grill. This was a simple case of moving from left to right and using a screw driver pushing down on the clips and pushing the grill back at the same time.

View attachment 65583View attachment 65584
Horrible faded blue plastic :dead:

some goodies :) and my custom made spraying area
View attachment 65585View attachment 65586View attachment 65588View attachment 65587

1st op was to wash the grill down to get rid of any rubbish that it had picked up, after i washed it and dried it. I then masked off any areas where i didnt want to spray. i then wiped it down with thinners and a tack cloth to remove any oily residue and dust.
View attachment 65596View attachment 65590

Last edited:
  bg 182
for some reason i cant put up any more pics :s i think iv reached the maximum amount for the page so ill try and post the end result soon.