ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard ecu on a turbo 172?

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello just a quick question really but is it a necessity to have to use standalone when turboing a 172 or is it possible to remap the standard ecu? Many thanks

jack

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
it is possible but you have to find someone who will map it for you.. obviously you ar restricted comparing to standalone

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
From personal experience it's a massive compromise using the OE ECU. If you want a solid reliable turbo conversion you can't do it half ar5ed, look at the best conversions around and you'll find everyone is using aftermarket management.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You will spend a small fortune on mapping, I spent £800 trying to get mine running 100%, it's done 5k with slight det under load without screwing the engine, if I had aftermarket Ecu then it wouldn't have had this issue, but in answer to your question it's possible yes. Efficient? Not guaranteed.