ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard head unit cheap bluetooth upgrade

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Is anyone running any form of bluetooth adapter into their standard head unit that works well for calls and music streaming? I currently have the adapter which provides a 3.5mm jack at present.

Not looking to replace the OEM head unit in the Trophy and don't want a cheap useless device that won't work.

I have a Sony Experia X2 so standard Android phone.

Listerine & Poledo
Do you want something cheap, or something that works?

If the former, THIS

If the latter, THIS

Personally, I'd just get THIS, you can always put the OEM unit back in at sale time if you still think it's important.

Listerine & Poledo
It is update list so should be OK?
It's been a while since I've looked them side-by-side, but I think there are some differences. Ask Connects2 to be sure, but typically they would only list what it is compatible with. No sense in creating returns and upset buyers

Listerine & Poledo
On their website it says the Update list stereo and as long as it has the 'aux' input which mines does.
Yes, but it also says 2005 onwards.
SO, ask them.

Or buy it and make sure they accept returns.

Or just buy an upgraded head unit. They dont all have to look like Blackpool illuminations and will immediately improve your sound quality in one go. You'd be just a small subwoofer away (like, under the driver or passenger seat, for instance) from a much better audio setup

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Yes, but it also says 2005 onwards.
SO, ask them.

Or buy it and make sure they accept returns.

Or just buy an upgraded head unit. They dont all have to look like Blackpool illuminations and will immediately improve your sound quality in one go. You'd be just a small subwoofer away (like, under the driver or passenger seat, for instance) from a much better audio setup

Yes will do and thanks for the advice.

Out of interest, do the standard head units read MP3 CDs?

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Standard unit definitely doesn't.
MP3 CDs were/are great!
Think my mate still doesn't know how I managed to have so many tracks on 1 CD.

Listerine & Poledo
Find yourself £230 in one go.
For instance, by not buying aftermarket suspension, thinking it'll improve the car (A common misconception)
Instead......
upload_2017-1-25_14-42-1.png

:wink:

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Find yourself £230 in one go.
For instance, by not buying aftermarket suspension, thinking it'll improve the car (A common misconception)
Instead......
View attachment 175666

:wink:

Love the idea but have 'been there done that got the t-shirt'. As you get older you get more excited about keeping something original and as it was built, having owned a few 'hot hatches' back in the early 2000's, I have had lots of fun fitting in dash DVD's screens, TV tuners and Playstation 2's which were all the rage! I also vaguely remember the exciting Pioneer CD players with the jumping dolphins, really showing my age now.....

Listerine & Poledo
In which case, for originalitys' sake, go get a Nokia 6310i and car kit. It wont do MP3, but it'll be period correct