ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard steering wheel melting

Clio 1.2 Extreme 4
I cant remember where but i read in a thread someone had put sand paper to there steering wheel to sort out the melted leather?

Has anyone tried this or how is it done?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see that working TBH.

Just keep it covered up when parked, I removed mine after about 128,000 miles and it's still in very good condition.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Was one guy in a Citroen dealers service desk "argued" with me after a chat about parts etc that the RS steering wheels were genuine leather saying he could get me a replacement cheaper than local Renault dealer.

So I said if it's genuine leather, how many cows have you seen melting in the sun? Don't think he has spoke about the Clio steering wheel since ;)

clio 182 (modified)
this might sound a bit naff but i bought a steering wheel cover in the same matching leather for £2.99 from tk maxx .....so its grey with white stitching.....well i like it ...)