ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard Trophy Sunday

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Evening,

Seeing as we had freakishly good weather today (I got sunburnt ffs!), I decided to give the car a mini detail and grab some pics. I also found a 197 RS badge that I forget I bought 18 months ago, so stuck it on. Nothing special with the photos tbh, more quick snaps while scouting for a new location and avoiding security.

Also, for the photo geeks, managed to test out a lens that I bought last summer...I thought it was broken, but turns out is was just me being a mong and it's fine - happy days. It's a Tokina 24mm F/2.8, pure retro. Love it tbh, manual focus and aperture, but that's all part of the fun ;)

After debating for the last month or so whether to sell the Trophy or not, I've decided that unless a really good offer comes up, I'm not going to bother for now. Doesn't scrub up too badly for 87k and I'm attached to the bloody thing :eek:

Anyway, pics...

6827872938_5fc17ecc00_z.jpg

6973968409_193c937459_z.jpg

6827880784_88b7b2d4d7_z.jpg

6827887316_0cda75e54c_z.jpg

6827822716_30371ea7b5_z.jpg

6827831402_bafdc30236_z.jpg

6827817184_8ed957f33b_z.jpg

6827810602_1a8abe8918_z.jpg

6827803850_158627a7dc_z.jpg

6827840622_62599a9dd3_z.jpg

6827856302_5040c968aa_z.jpg

Also headed back to my standard photo spot on the way home...

6974014385_cb196cd647_z.jpg

6827864220_c38c284022_z.jpg

Sorry for the amount of photos!

C&C welcome as usual.

Cheers,
Luke

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Mines got 80K on bud and love it. Engine is strong plus it runs great.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks all.

I do love this even though it is a tad high ;)

Cut my springs? D'ya loike dags?

Looks fantastic! I wish I could take awesome pics like this :(

Cheers mate! Would love to do a shoot with your one as a standard vs modified thing - pity you're miles away!

Lovely and some awesome photos.

But don't go so low when shooting, highlights our cars tractor ride height ;)

High and proud Keith ;)

I'm debating a set of sportlines tbh, might just get them ordered. Tbf, they'd probably just sit in the garage and never get fitted like everything else I buy for it, lol.

Mines got 80K on bud and love it. Engine is strong plus it runs great.

Glad to hear it mate! Seems like anything over 50k is high milage and worthless on hear, unfortunately!

Looking sweet Luke!

*goes to order small front plate

Cheers Mike. Needs to be done mate, for something so small it makes a massive difference to the looks IMO.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Firstly, it looks brilliant. Second, either that lense or your skills have made for some lovely photos. Proper nice shots there.

Oh and take that poxy elf sticker out!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers all.

Firstly, it looks brilliant. Second, either that lense or your skills have made for some lovely photos. Proper nice shots there.

Oh and take that poxy elf sticker out!

Cheers geez. Ha, the lens I was talking about was only used in a few shots tbh. It's great though, considering how much I paid. Oh, isn't it frowned upon to remove the ELF sticker?!

where was my invite? :( looking stunning!

Sorry fella, was a spare of the moment thing! We need to organise something though!

You'll be gutted when you sell that mate. I know from my experience this weekend. :(

I know mate, I still can't believe your RB has gone! Loved that car.

I'm still in two minds whether to sell it or not. For now, unless someone offers me a decent price it's going nowhere.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate. Spend some money on it and keep it. :)

Great shots dude, look forward to seeing it again!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks everyone, makes yesterdays cleaning effort seem worth it :D

Looks epic as ever!!

And keep it, you'll only regret it if you dont ...

I think you're right Dave, it's a car that seems to do everything well and I'd definately miss it. I do need to have a day de-rattling though, some are really getting on my tits atm.

He speaks the truth.....

Looks lovely!

You need some MF springs in your life :)

Cheers mate. I'd love some tbh, got more important things to be spending money on atm though! What setup are you running again mate? MF Springs and Konis?

Love it mate. Spend some money on it and keep it. :)

Great shots dude, look forward to seeing it again!

Cheers Kev. Must get some pics with the ArchGap of Fagwagon this year!

If I do decide to 100% keep it, the shopping list will consist of a half leather bench, new steering wheel (sabelt probs), springs (MF or Eibach) and a rear whiteline. Possibly.

Titanium 182
Sounds nice little wish list you have

I have unpinned Sach's, MF Fish springs, MF revalved rear Koni dampers and his camber settings.

Epic is not the word I would use!

Its nice over bumps to then a standard T

RB One Eight Two
Really, really nice mate as per. I'm in two minds whether to sell mine aswell, though its done 90k now and is hardly worth anything. I have been looking at 133 Twingo's but i'm not sure :/

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks Ash, just spotted your comment on Flickr too mate. Nooo, you can't sell yours! One of the best RB's on here.

Sounds nice little wish list you have

I have unpinned Sach's, MF Fish springs, MF revalved rear Koni dampers and his camber settings.

Epic is not the word I would use!

Its nice over bumps to then a standard T

Just had another look at the pics of yours mate, sits perfectly too! Perfect spec, suspension wise imo. You've got my wallet twitching :dapprove:

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
High and proud Keith ;)

I'm debating a set of sportlines tbh, might just get them ordered. Tbf, they'd probably just sit in the garage and never get fitted like everything else I buy for it, lol.

When I see a nicely lowered Clio I think, yeah go bit lower. But then as soon as I'm behind the wheel it really seems pointless.