ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

starting problem with new engine!

2001 clio 16v
hi guys, a couple of weeks ago my timing belt went bang, i have replaced the engine with a new 1 and given it a full service,BUT, when i turn the key to start, it turns over but after a few turns the engine managment light kicks in and then stops turning over, all sensors appear to be plugged in and all the earth points are back on, any ideas what this could be? any help very welcome, thanks,, nick.

Megane dci 130
Im assuming the imobiliser light stays solid. This symbolises that the Injection ECU has not recieved a coded signal or the wrong coded signal.

Turn the ignition on for a minuite then off. Lock and unlock the doors, then start.

See if that helps.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Have you double checked all the sensors and earth straps? I missed one on my first round. Make sure the battery is well charged and all the powerpoints back on

2001 clio 16v
missed an earth strap, and it was the immobiliser, also needed a battery, thanks for all the help guys very helpful :D