ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steamy windscreen on 182

MY04 Scooby STi

Whenver im driving around anhd its raining (like today!!) the front windscreen steams up really badly. This happens every time it rains and its a little weird that it happens cos it never happened on my old mk2 1.2 clio. Does this happen to any one else?

Also is the A/C supposed to turn on when the windscreen de-mister is activated?

A/C removes moisture from the air as well as affecting the temp so its a good idea on rainy days where the windows are likely to mist to put it on and it will clear the screen alot quicker.

MY04 Scooby STi

ok, but the windscreen mists up every time it rains, and then as soon as i turn off the de mister it steams up again!!

Maybe there is a water leak somewhere hence the moisture on the windows. Have a look in the footwells under the front seats and also under the rear seat. A few people have had issues and it can cause the windows to steam up.

Lee

BMW M2C

Both my 172 and 182 used to steam up really easily when it was wet. As soon as I stopped in traffic it steamed up.

You press the button to clear it then once clear turn it off and it steams up again instantly. lol

Im liking not having climate control, I prefer me being in control.

Quote: Originally posted by Ed_182 on 22 August 2005

what should i be looking for?

Damp carpets or even a puddle under the rear seat base. Also sometimes moisture collects in the airbox and turning the aircon off allows the car to steam up again.

Ford Fiesta

cars with air con tend to steam up easier for some reason?

mine alwways seems ok, try keeping your glass very clean with glass polish that helps.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

You can get anti-fog treatments for the inside of the windscreen from Halfords, Rain-X do a version of it as well as the normal outside stuff. Not sure how effective it is though, havent tried it myself. Keeping the aircon on should stop it, but like Lee said, as soon as you turn it off it tends to steam up again.

You could always stop breathing? Not very practical but it would help. ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

I just leave my CC on auto all the time. If the screen mists up press demist and leave it on for as long as it takes to clear, then hiot demist again to turn it off.

The screen in the 182 is more prone to misting up because its thicker than the one on your 1.2.

try changing the pollen filter, they seem to hold moisture when dirty,if youve had it serviced recently it dosent mean theyve changed it in my experience.

I think its a design fault. My old Clio Si that i had about four, maybe 5 years ago used to steam up when it rained. Things dont change, five years later and my 182 Cup tends to steam up when its raining - although not as bad as the Si used to.

Not a Clio

Lol my mk1 (valver) user to steam up and ice up inside. Winters were hell. Id freeze my balls of scraping the ice off the outside, get in and have to bloody scrap the ice off the inside then fight the condensation.

133/225/CLS AMG

I found that having the a/c on then switching it off causes it to steam up really badly. My mums focus does the same.

Best thing Ive found is to switch the a/c off and blast the fans for a while to clear the air from the a/c. Then you can use the normal fans to clear the screen.

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I got my 172. I tend to just click the air burst button so it clears then turn it off once its clear, usually only takes a few secs.

Or if its just wet and not raining much ill just wind down the window a little.

Alfa Mito 155TB

I think it is something to do with the damp being held in the air con matrix inside of the airvents..

When you dont have the aircon on or it is raining the windows mist up...I found a way around this to stop it and that is every so often, just drive with the windows open and the heater on hot full blast with no aircon switched on...it is alittle hot but the damp is allowed out through the windows...after 30 mins no more misting up of windows in my experience.