ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Clunk going over speed bumps Clunk.

Titanium Clio 182
bought the worst clio in the world. Sold my 182 as it was costing too much, and bought a Dynamique 1.5 DCI. The power steering doesn't work, even though it failed it on the last MOT and was "Apparently fixed" also when going over speed bumps there is a clunk from the front of the car, not sure which side. My Fiancée drives it, we were going round a roundabout and it clunks and the car moves a bit, its pretty bad like. She said sometimes she's steering and the car wants to go straight ahead instead of steering, when driving in a straight line the steering wheel is at about 2 o'clock.

Think its a death trap!!!

What could it be, i'm going to take it into a garage to get it looked at, where should I tell them to look, obviously the steering!!

Did you not check it before you bought it?

Clunking sounds like drive shafts - no idea if the CV boots are similar to the 1*2's but it's a common issue. (though saying that your power steering and steering in general sounds f**kED)

"car wants to go straight head instead of steering" - how fast is she going?

"when driving in a straight line the steering wheel is at about 2 o'****" - your tracking is way off, get the tracking done.

Ball joint, I had the excact same thing on my car, if I took a corner marginally too fast the steering would lighten then come back, made for some interesting journeys.

Titanium Clio 182
Did you not check it before you bought it?

Clunking sounds like drive shafts - no idea if the CV boots are similar to the 1*2's but it's a common issue. (though saying that your power steering and steering in general sounds f**kED)

"car wants to go straight head instead of steering" - how fast is she going?

"when driving in a straight line the steering wheel is at about 2 o'****" - your tracking is way off, get the tracking done.

He told me the power steering didn't work and the missus was happy, he said it was a loose connection which I think was a lie now. Other than the steering its a good little drive. Its only got to last another 6 months then i'm going to buy a new one. I don't know what she does when she drives it, she's a woman so probably hits all the pot holes, crashes into things and stuff. I'm going to have a drive of it next weekend and whack it into the garage so they can have a look at it.