ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Rack bushes for 172/182??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/renault-sport...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Can this solve the well-known "Knocking" problem?

I had replaced suspension arm, solved the problem. But after water pump changed, knocking come again. Also had changed the anti-roll bar bushes.

Noise are mainly from braking, turning the steering (sometimes), speed pump and even when releasing the acceleration pedal. All at slow speed. My "Knocking" is from driver side front bottom area.

Sold my Mondeo Estate and drive the Clio again since last Nov. It is very annoying!! Does the washer really help?? I really want to replace the suspension arm again and see. And can that be the Koni shocks problem?? I am using Eibach Pro.

RSC 182 Cup
Have you checked the sub frame mounting holes that the lower arm bolts through? The rear most bolt hole has a tendancy to become elongated/ enlarged- even on low mileage Clios.

Have you checked the sub frame mounting holes that the lower arm bolts through? The rear most bolt hole has a tendancy to become elongated/ enlarged- even on low mileage Clios.

Thanks for your suggestion. Let me check.
If that is the problem, what should I do?

Again, what is the steering rack bushes?? It looks like anti-roll bar bushes.

RSC 182 Cup
I know some owners have had high tensile 12mm washers welded in place over the affected area.

A new subframe would be ideal, but if they haven't improved the design then it won't take long for the same thing to happen.

53 Clio's & counting
dont bother with those chap, iv just replaced these on my ph1, i used std renault bushes and its tightened up the sterring but i still get the knocking,i bet its the manifold hitting the subframe