ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheel/airbag removal, phase 1

phase 1 flamer 172
Replacing my worn s/wheel with a nicer one, have disconnected the battery and undone the 2 bolts at the back of s/wheel. There is now a black/white thick wire in the way and i am unsure which end to disconnect it as i dont want to break it, on the airbag end or s/wheel end, its not obvious to me, thanks.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
it pops off the airbag leaving the ribbon just tucked into the boss!!

not sure if you can get them off the other end

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Not sure if the ph-1 is the same but i done my ph-2 on thursday, plugs out of the airbag.

anyways, i managed to f**k my SAS by moving it round, so now my Traction controll is stuck on, it didnt mention this i the guide i followed so i didnt expect it

Just a wee heads up!

phase 1 flamer 172
Thanks to this advice and something i had previously seen about disconnecting battery first now all done.

Clio 1.2 16v
I want to remove my steering wheel on a Clio II phase II! Does anyone have step by step instructions? Or even pictures...

Clio 1.2 16v
I did the job! The trick is to use a bended end flat screwdriver. It helps you pull the clip first and then unclip it!