ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Rubber Grips

Clio 172 Sport
Hey all the rubber thumb grips on my steering wheel for my 2002 172 av started to come away and had 2 physically rip a bit off due 2 beeing loose. Does any1 know if ya can get these replaced or do you have to but the whole steering wheel again??

thnx

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I tried super glueing my one back, had no luck... kept peeling off again.

So i've opted for the tennis racket grip tape to cover it ;)

getting my 182 05 plate steering wheel replaced under warranty on Tuesday... it seemed to self destruct a few weeks ago in hot weather...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
BIC from Streamline carbon on here is in the process of making some Carbonfibre thumb grips to replace old damaged rubber ones

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Carbon fibre thumbgrips to replace rubber ones?

Surely that won't be comfy right?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
one of mine has now got a small tear in too. Its a shame you carn't buy some rubber inserts, sure loads off ppl would be interested

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Carbon fibre thumbgrips to replace rubber ones?

Surely that won't be comfy right?

Cant see why not? The Rubber ones on my wheel are pretty solid and have no give in them... So long as they are shaped nicely they will be fine.

is dirty.
I don't always hold the wheel in that position, but I'm sure they will look cool..and be very durable.