ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Vibration (16v)

Ok, I had a new steering column put on which elliminated any play in the steering wheel.

But now, as you get to about 60mph, the steering wheel starts to wobble a little, and the progressively gets worse. I can't do more than about 85mph cos it's shaking that much!

I've had the wheels balanced to make sure it wasn't that (It wasn't, they were spot on) and it's been back to the garage but they can't figure out why it's happening.

I wasn't like it with the knackered steering column so it must be the new one, but why?

Any ideas people?

Thanks

Tom

Renault Clio 16v
might be warped discs ? and now you have a nice new column you notice it now cos you had play in it before making it unnoticeable ?

Discs are fine, and there not new either.

It's just passed an MOT no problems too.

So you think it's because it's a new column I notice it now, rather than the new column then....

The saga continues lol!

Is this a 'new' column or a new welded column?

I know a chap who had this after fitting a welded item...never solved it so sold the car.

V

valver pete

Wheel balancing? Had it on mine and this sorted it up.

Oops just read the post again. lol @ self!