ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheels (Snappy Ones)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Would look at home in yours mate!!
Yes thank you mate.
I saw this a while ago and thought it was bang on for my car but i wasn't to sure on how it would look after a few miles.
Now that Jonathan has said that he's is ok after a few miles ill try and find a PH1 back seat. :wink:

I want one of these but I keep buying or needing other things 1st, I like the gear gaiter one too.
I know that feeling mate but sod it its a Christmas gift to myself. :smile:

Received my re-trimmed wheel from Snappy yesterday (Thursday), incredible turnaround and service, only posted it off to him on Monday afternoon! Quality is outstanding, cant wait to get it fitted over the weekend, such an improvement over the original. Was also kept updated with pics of the work being carried out which was a nice touch, cheers @snappy !
snappy re-trim.jpg

RB Clio 182
Are those "R,s" supposed to be like that?

The white R looks like it has a bit of stitching missing, and the red R looks like it has chicken pox?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Snappy sent me these yesterday, what a great guy and very very good at what he does.
I wanted my PH1 wheel made thicker so Snappy had to trim it twice.

The wheel i sent him.
16334888017_de134685bd_z.jpg
Untitled by scottieraven, on Flickr

1st layer.
16334890557_ebdf2fb44c_z.jpg

All done, ill get some better pictures once i get it back, should be early next week.
15898611924_c18476110e_z.jpg

And it all came from this.
16284942436_b6ca5569a1_z.jpg

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Anyone had a Renaultsport Sabelt wheel retrimmed by Snappy yet?

Mine needs retrimmed badly... it's shiny and black!!

koi

Audi S1
Got my Snappy wheel today, great service and quality workmanship.

Done a quick guide on swapping over the cruise control buttons:

1.jpg

Step 1: Squeeze the 3 clips in to release the frame, move to the side and take out the springs

2.jpg

Step 2: Each button is held in place by 2xT20 screws

Bottom ones are easy enough but for the top you need to push the steering wheel in towards the middle to get access.

Note: make sure the metal tab is in place before screwing the screw marked in red (not sure what that's for)

Step 3: Slide the wires into the grooves

Step 4: Put the springs back in and clip the frame back on

Last edited:
  Iceberg Ph2 172
As everyone else has already said, his work looks impeccable.
Little bit gutted i dont have a red, blue, orange or yellow car to follow the colour theme with, what colour theme Snappy wheels have the silver boys been going with? Food for thought kind of thing.

PM'd Snappy today so hopefully he'll get round to me one day!

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Little bit gutted i dont have a red, blue, orange or yellow car to follow the colour theme with, what colour theme Snappy wheels have the silver boys been going with? Food for thought kind of thing.

Silver as per my avatar

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member

Silver stitch, dump the center line bit,
070458cec25e5a22494be9a06b95911c.jpg

172 Cup
Hopefully this isn't akin to mentioning Man U on a Liverpool FC appreciation thread, but I've just got my wheel from Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels.
15983071944_225de16838.png

I've never been a lover of the Clio thumb grips so didn't want to retain them after a retrim hence why I decided to go with Jack rather than Snappy.
Oh, and @koi those instructions came in handy as my exchange wheel came with cc buttons so swapped them onto my old wheel that I'm returning.

Reactions: Ali

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Royal steering wheels always look crap imo

Just basically wallpapered over the s**t underneath. Skill in the work i just think snappy does it properly imo
Snappy ones are very nice and look more oem. I guess its what you want from the wheel, I wanted a much thicker wheel finished in alcantara so had Jack from Royal do it. The feel of this wheel is lovely.

8JEVIFC.jpg

The above is mine but got the idea after trying gambits wheel in his trophy. the below wheel is gambits:
i-qQbgddt-L.jpg