ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stereo still has power even tho igition is turned off!

hey guys, i fitted ashleighs sub and stereo now i have a problem as this, there are 5 wires that come from the car

1 black (ground)
2 yellow (in the old head unint these were both plugged into the same slot) (and had a simble of a +)

1 red (this one has a simble of a battery on the old head unit)
1 blue (illumination one)

now i fitted it all and the way the old unit was set up i treid with this but it didnt work,

on my alpine the main wires are

1 black (ground)
1 yellow (battery)
1 red (ignition wire)
1 orange (illumination wire)

it just ent turning off, gone to the car this morning and it was as dead as a dodo!!

any one else had this problem??
if so whats the cure?

€ddie

Clio Sport 182
sounds like the switched live and permenant live are the wrong way round check them with a tester >

i checked the fuse and its all good, but i have no idea how to check the ignition wire, infact i think that wire is rubbish now ahh,

i would just leave it but the battery keeps dieing lol, kinda sucks haha, but yea if there is anyway to check the igniton,

clio 172
ye the best way to check the ignition live would be with a volt meter, do you have access to one of them?

ok the volt meter thing is not reading anything from the switched wire, but does read it from the live wire, tried this with ignition on and off and didnt work either way how do i change the wire, or more importantly where are the begining of the wires so i can fit a new one,

clio 172
well there shud be power at the switched wire with ignition on obviously and wen off no power, im not sure myself where the actual wire comes from but you could take a feed from any other ignition live rele. as i have never rele worked on these cars as im a plant mechanic not cars i wouldnt like to say where the wire starts or what else to take a feed from. have you checked the fuses? i dont no if the a seprate 1 on that side of the circuit, it may have shorted on something while the changeover or radio or something like that? i dont no rele. just some ideas. hope i can be some help?