ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steves' PH2 200T

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
So, I used to own an EP3, I sold it last August as I fancied something more modern. The Civic was only getting older and as it was a daily it wasn't that suitable due to the lack of modern refinements (plus non-aircon) and I don't have the room for a 3rd car right now alongside mine and the OHs.
Due to lockdowns I ended up doing without a car for about 6 months as there simply wasn't the requirement, until now as there are places to go (wooo) and people to see.

I wanted something 5-door just to future-proof the car, originally lusting after a Leon Cupra however as time went on and as I spent more and more time chirping away with the Yorkshire c*nt collective I started hankering for another Clio RS, the MK4 specifically as many years ago I had a 172 Cup and more recently a 197 Lux. So with that being said, I realised as much as I could have afforded the Leon, I didn't really need to, and the MK4 RS was probably under my initial budget (@Romanian Tyre Fitter keeps my books for me).

I'm one of those types that doesn't look for very long before buying, I get too impatient and perusing the market for a long time just stresses me out and gets me all anxious that the car I find will get swooped up before I can even pull the trigger.

So I practically bought the first car I found :LOL:. I found a '17 plate PH2 200T, 22k miles for sale at AvailableCar down in Donnington a week ago (one of those car supermarkets), 4 owners (which was an eyebrow raiser but wasn't too concerning). It's white, and my sources tell me the wheels are not an original colour too which is nice (they're mint as well). Had it transported up to Leeds at the weekend, went for a spin, bought it, collected it yesterday, went straight out in it, love it!

IMG_20210428_192502.jpg

IMG_20210428_192625.jpg

IMG_20210428_192549.jpg

IMG_20210428_192526.jpg

It needs a few small bits doing, firstly getting rid of the AvailableCar nonsense from the plates and the rear window, new plates, new wipers too. The tyres are mismatched which is a bit frustrating (originals on the rear, mismatched on the front) and the wheel bolts are a bit crusty but all easily resolvable.

Probably the newest car I've ever owned too and most I've spent on a car, wanted to push the boat out a little bit as always peddled with 5-10 year old hatches sub £10k. Really refreshing car to drive, the race mode and launch are addictive, as well as just tootling around in normal mode in auto.

I'll keep this updated with any developments!

Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
When I turned up in the Kia I saw a man having a tug

Have your neighbours said anything about your Clio yet?🤣
You been driving a Kia lately mate? You've not mentioned it....

Lovely motor @Steve_RS
I'll be honest, I thought all the later ones were 220 trophies, didn't realise they carried on making the 200

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You been driving a Kia lately mate? You've not mentioned it....

Lovely motor @Steve_RS
I'll be honest, I thought all the later ones were 220 trophies, didn't realise they carried on making the 200
Don't get me started on that, took me and @Louis at least 4 minutes to come to the conclusion that this particular model was a phase 2 200 EDC Turbo Trophy Type R. But yeah, they did do a PH2 non-trophy, I did initially want a Trophy but like I said, I'm an impatient f*ck.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
When I turned up in the Kia I saw a man having a tug

Have your neighbours said anything about your Clio yet?🤣
No not yet. However no doubt we'll be seeing a post on the FB group "something something 40 year old thinks he's 20 doing car launches out of the estate this is NOT a race track BTW does anyone want these stunning lampshades for free they're sooo cute xoxoxo"

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
No not yet. However no doubt we'll be seeing a post on the FB group "something something 40 year old thinks he's 20 doing car launches out of the estate this is NOT a race track BTW does anyone want these stunning lampshades for free they're sooo cute xoxoxo"
"Bloody loud clios are taking over this lovely housing settlement, we should ban them! Also, does anyone want any spag bol?xox"

2014 Clio 200t edc
Very nice mate. Do love these especially as you don’t see that many around. Was hoping the prices would’ve dropped to my level by now but they still hold value.

Nice purchase!
I can confirm the colour of the wheels is correct for the 200, and they’re black for the 220.
Get it to RS Tuning for a map, will likely get into the 230’s. I dare say someone will set up a group buy with Paul in the near future - feel free to join the Mk4 RS/GT group on Facebook, really friendly community.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Gotten rid of the mismatched tyres and opted for a full set of PS4s in 225 width, over the standard 205. The rears were cracked, the fronts new but differing brands. The original spec/width just seems stretched and low profile too (also doesn't help the arch gap), plus the price difference is ridiculous; £85 per tyre fitted for 225 vs £140 per tyre fitted for 205.

O yep you chunky.

IMG_20210513_151836.jpg
Vs before (car cleaner, better pic, shiny tyres etc etc but you get the idea)

IMG_20210428_192435.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Very nice! So the new tyres are 225/40 r18? Any rubbing issues?
No rubbing issues, from what I know there's only slight concerns of rubbing when running a very low set up.
Yeah 225/40/R18, it's a 7.5" rim so can take 205 up to 225, it's a no brainer really considering the savings, better looks, grip and rim protection.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Major update: I cleaned it.
1 month into ownership now and still really enjoying it, admittedly it's only been taking me to work twice a week so busy commuting traffic hasn't been the best way of experiencing it so far.

Washed it this morning for the first time and stuck a clean plate on the rear, the fronts I'll do another time as I took it off to reveal about 4 layers of tape and 18 screw holes.

Few clean pics:

IMG_20210605_104117.jpg

IMG_20210605_110234.jpg

IMG_20210605_110307.jpg

IMG_20210605_110250.jpg

IMG_20210605_110358.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Major update: I cleaned it.
1 month into ownership now and still really enjoying it, admittedly it's only been taking me to work twice a week so busy commuting traffic hasn't been the best way of experiencing it so far.

Washed it this morning for the first time and stuck a clean plate on the rear, the fronts I'll do another time as I took it off to reveal about 4 layers of tape and 18 screw holes.

Few clean pics:

View attachment 1541901
View attachment 1541902
View attachment 1541903
View attachment 1541904
View attachment 1541905
They look so good on Trophy wheels

Can I sit in it tomorrow dad?

2014 Clio 200t edc
They don’t, they look rubbish on trophy wheels, wanna swap for some ph1 wheels to make it look better?…. 😕

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Of course son, as long as you clean your botty.

It had RS stickers on the wheels? 😅. Got a pic? I'll have to look into that!
I'll grab one off mine when I next go out.

That little raised bit on the edge of the wheel, it goes on there

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T