ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steve's RB 182

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Hi guys, not long on here but have some plans for my recent purchase "RB 182"
image.jpg
Dont like the wheels or how low it sits.
already have sorted out a few things pics to follow . Pro lines fitted (raised), Rs192 fitted standard exhaust was totally rotting and blowing out, new plugs fitted, new style rs badge ready to fit, new side bullets ready to fit.
have a few other plans before Christmas too ...

any comments/recommendations welcome

steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 91
  RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Not going to plan as its running on 3 cylinders at the mo! New leads to fit tomorrow !!! And dogbone poly bush just done to tighten up the rs192...

LY R26 #288
Wheels could do with a clean! As said get a splitter on it and it'll be looking much nicer.

What wheels you gonna go for?.

I do love RB!

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Don't mind the wheels just the white doesn't do it for me. Might get them refurb'd and painted in antricate !!!

Whole car could do with a clean in these pics mate, just off the lorry when I received it ... :)

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Rs192 fitted along with dogbone poly bush & new bullets!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 62
  RB 182 / V6 Touareg
How she now sits better in my opinion !!!
and the mess I made of the back end trying to remove the old style badge (someone previous had stuck with super glue) :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 60
  RB 182 / V6 Touareg
image.jpgNew gear gaiter arrived today ... Will fit soon. Also I've changed the no plate bulb to led (much better)

Monaco 172
I do really like the look of white T's on an RB. Anthracite is always the way to go, best colour imo. Great looking car, shame about the glue!
I'm on sport lines currently, great springs and just the right ride height for me.

Are they 15" turini's?

If so, keep them regardless of whatever anyone else says lol. One of the best wheels for Clio's and rare on here :)

ETA: on second glance they look bigger than in the small pics.

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Not sure. There 15" ok and there speed lines !!! Might just hang on to them but they need a refurb and was thinking of antricate .?

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Does that mean they are turini's? Look like the 172 ones now that you say, might be just the smaller size which makes the different looking! Cheers bud

Beautiful motor, would love an RB182 myself! Thought about getting some silvervision bulbs for the indicators?
Hopefully see you scooting about the province!

I'd vote white for the wheels, Pure white and that shade of blue is a perfect combo imho!

I would defo keep the wheels. They look great in white but would also look good in anthracite. Tough choice on the colour mate

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Best colour for the 182s :)

I really like white on rb but can imagine its a pain in the ar*e to keep clean. 15" turinis are rarer than the normal 16" too.

What gaitor did you get?

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Have put silver visions in the front from pics were taken, was thinking about possibly doing the rears. Have also seen some pretty groovy pearlesant ones about to might have to find those. Splitter wheel refurb and maybe a dark front diamond is all I've planned for the outside. Making my own induction kit setup but unsure what colour of silicone pipe to get that will match my RB painted engine cover!? Steve

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Just a standard oem Jobbie from wests renault as my clip was broken on the old one and does my head in wobbling around!!! Yea total pain and they never look clean !!! But do also prefer antricate . :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Blue (if its light blue, the samco blue is to dark imo) or black for the induction kit.

Skoda splitter is about £13 and for the money it doesn't look bad at all, better than nothing! Ktec carbon one is very nice but it hurts when you scrape it :(

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
It's the j's performance hoses I'm looking at on www.boostjunkies.co.uk might be lighter than the samco ones! Yea had a stiff carbon one on a 182cup years ago and cringed when parking close to kerbs :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Silver on RB FTW

clio2_zpsaa05fc0c.jpg

clio_zps099b5332.jpg

Attachments

• clio2_zpsaa05fc0c.jpg
    clio2_zpsaa05fc0c.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 26

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Luv that mate, mind made up I think !!! Love your garage floor tiles too :)

Haha unfortunately thats not mine.. That pic was taken when my mate gave it a quick going over for me, he a detailer so he needs his posh floor haha