ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sticking to the dashboard...

ClioSport 182
Anyone know of a glue which will actually stick to the dashboard plastic on a 182. I have tried superglue and a pritt-tabs and it easily pulls off. Is the plastic porous or something?

I am trying to fix a GPS antenna with a metal bottom to the dashboard just under the windscreen where the non-athermic patch is. The glue would also have to withstand the heat which accumulates in that area under direct sunlight.

Thanks,
KnightAzul

Elvis - Biarritz 1.2
Numberplate adhesive pads work on my (admittedly different) dash, I didn't set out to use them specifically but had a couple about. I'd try something similar.

ClioSport 182
MRBILLYUK said:
This is what i have for my gps speed camera detector . It sticks well and is magnetic .7th pic down , its a flat rubber ,magnetic pad

http://www.talex.co.uk/buyonline/default.asp

Actually my GPS antenna is magnetic too. Knowing my luck the pad and antenna will probably oppose each other! If I could find a small sticky black metal patch (non-magnetic) that would be perfect.

Failing that, my idea is to buy some double sided thick sticky tape and then apply some special glue to this to make sure that the bugger stays stuck to both the antenna and the dash!

KnightAzul

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I also used the sticky pads to stick my tweeters to my door card.

Halfords sell them, but get the 1mm pads as opposed to the 6mm pads.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ You can buy the sticky number plate pads on a roll , which aren't much more than buying the individual pads .

Maz

LY 200
Blue tack works a treat but leave marks as I found after I removed an air freshner that was put on by the previous owner :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The Bear said:
Never spotted them Billy.

Local motor accessory shops usually sell them probably cost twice as much as the individual pads but you get a big roll of it so you've plenty left for future use

ClioSport 182
I bought some industrial double sided tape which hopefully will do the trick. It's just that the dashboard plastic seems to be anti-stick for some reason. I've never had superglue fail on me before!

KnightAzul

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Pritt pads do it for me, but you do need to give the area a dam good clean with something solvent based. I used some cleaner I had for the computer. The slightest bit of grease on the dash and they won't stick.

I've bought one of the telex systems for my 172 and i'm not sure how i should mount it.

I'm think that using the sticky magnetic pad (described by MRBILLYUK) could end up damaging the dash surface. Is this the case? Or should i invest in some kind of windscreen suction mount.

Cheers
Mike